• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRac Bar bolt on Axle end

rshackleford

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where to find a replacement nut for the bolt on the axle end of the trac bar. Mine broke when removing it and I would like to replce it with the OE part since it had a nice little metal tab on it to keep the nut from spinning when trying to remove the bolt.

Go to the hardware store and get a matching nut. Maybe weld a piece similar to stock.

lazyxj, you are correct, the Clayton bolt will only fit a Clayton HD Track Bar.

I found these part numbers on another post,
Bolt is 6505 549AA (I think it's just a 10x1.5)
Nut is 6506 264AA. It sits in a small recessed area so you can't get a wrench or socket on it.

I ordered both parts from my local Jeep dealer. $13.95 for the nut and $2.95 for the bolt.

The Grade 8 nut at the hardware store was too big across the faces to get a wrench on it once in the mounting bracket. The grade 8 nut for a 3/8 fit in the bracket better and I could get a wrench on it but the bolt was just a little smaller which led to a small amount of movement in the Track Bar which I do not like so I ordered the Dealer parts.

The flag is only there for assistance on the assembly line, there is no issue with getting a wrench in there, all you need is a regular nut.

Back