• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Puegot to AX15 swap, bushing question

Backroads

NAXJA Forum User
In the process of swapping my Puegot trans (88) to an external slave ax15 (95ish) and after reading through the big thread on here and elsewhere about the swap I had a question I cant find an answer to.

I got the pilot bushing from a 73 CJ5 with V8. The diameters inside and outside are right for the application. BUT the length of the V8 bushing, is longer and stick out of the crank a bit.

From some measurements it LOOKS like its gonna be a non issue, but I wanted to see what everyone elses experience was before I put it all back together.

Thanks in advance.

OK Thanks, but did it sit flush with the end of the crank when you seated it in? Or did it stick out a little bit? That was what I was curious about.

Mine stuck out about an 1/8 and I beat the crap out of it

Good luck using alignment tool I ended up using one with same spline smaller diamater and wraping in electrical tape cause I couldnt find an exact match for the new bushing and spline count
Travis

The alignment tool worked fine. The reason for using that bushing is so that its the same inner diameter as the new ax15 nose. The clutch kit im using is for the same year as my trans so the alignment tool is the correct dimension.

I left the bushing as is. Guess ill find out soon enough if that was a mistake or not.

Back