• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ Overhead Wiring Diagram ?

Monsterced

NAXJA Forum User
First time on this forum. Love it! Have researched this topic and still can't find what I need. I'm not to good with Elctonic stuf so bare with me. If this is posted iin the wrong area or I did mis this in my search forgive me.

I have a 2001 60th addition. Elc-door locks and remote keys. Pickup up a overhead console (one with the ears so I know it is the right one) Swaped the board for the remote key and that is all good. Have the male plug that the guy clipped going to the computer in the console. Have all the diagrams for the console but nothing for what pins or what in the plug end behind the glove box. I have no meters to use so don't know how to figure out what it what in that plug, and from reading sounds like I could fry the board if I hook this up wrong... I picked up a plug to get the pins and wired them from that glove box plug up to the console so all I have to do is match up the right wire to the right wires on the male plug at the console computer. Don't know what goes to what?

I'm colored blind to a degree so if I don't say violt instead of blue forgive me. At the glove box plug I have a 10 pin conector. 1 blank so 5 go to the remote key circut board, again that is all swaped and works. I then I have 4 pins left and assume those are set up for the console display. There is a temp conector behind the bumper don't know where the other end is at? At the consloe there is a 12 pin plug with 3 blank, 3 used for the lights, and 6 being used for the display.

So my main question is two parts.
1. What are the other four pins in that plug at the glove box? I have a (Black/L-Blue, D-Blue/Green, Black/Green, White/Black).

2. On the male plug in the console I have as listed above 6 wires so what goes to the 4 from the glove box plug I have (White/Black, D-Blue/Red, D-Blue/Green, Black/Green, Black/L-Blue and another White/Black).

Sorry so long any help?

Thanks

Chuck

Sorry, I do no how to spell. Waiting for my edit op to get turned on. Posted my ruff draft, oops. Was in a hurry, cable guy was waiting on me to finish so he could switch our service.

Back