• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fatality at Cleghorn 8-2-11

Four2score

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know anything about this or know him?

"Coroner Case # 701105290 - On 8-2-11 at 1907 PM, the California Highway Patrol received a 911 call from a passerby who saw a vehicle off the roadway. The California Highway Patrol and the San Bernardino County Fire Department, ME# 10, arrived on scene at 1927 hours. It appeared Alan R. Delgado, a 21 year old male resident of Colton, was travenling northbound on the Fire Service Road 2N47 when his vehicle went off the roadway, traveled approximately 235 feet, landing on the roadway below and continuing down into the ravine. Paramedic's pronounced Delgado dead at the scene at 1950 PM. The California Highway Patrol is investigating the accident."

Last edited:
Condolences to the family.....

Am I missing something here? That's 2 people in a couple months. I've driven the entire length of that road a half dozen times and I can't imagine any of it being fatal on it's own...

was not going to add this, but will anyway. 21, 7pm, i would think impaired driving. 2nd death on cleghorn that didn't have to happen. the forest service will do something about this

UPDATE: Off-roader killed taking turn too fast, CHP says
By PE News on August 3, 2011 11:28 AM

Excessive speed along a switchback dirt road led to yesterday's death of a 21-year-old Colton man who was off-roading with a passenger near the Cajon Pass, according to California Highway Patrol investigators.

"They were out there driving on a fire road, and they took a corner ... too fast," Officer Hope Maxon said of the 7:07 p.m. crash that killed Alan R. Delgado and shook up 24-year-old Michelle Saavedra of Rialto.

Delgado was driving a blue-gray 1981 Datsun king-cab pickup truck along Cleghorn Fire Road nearly two miles east of Interstate 15.

"It rolled off the ... dirt roadway and collided with a dirt embankment," Maxon said.

Delgado suffered head injuries. He was wearing seat belts, Maxon said, but officers haven't determined whether the belts were working properly.

yeah, because responsible offroaders NEVER have accidents....

how are you guys gonna talk trash?

close cleghorn completely allready, you guys dont deserve it if your act like this.

pffft...

I was in at Cleghorn today and seen the crash site. It's located approximately 2 miles into 2N47. They have a big memorial and cross. Looks like an easy corner to lose traction on if going fast.
Very sad!

yeah, because responsible offroaders NEVER have accidents....

how are you guys gonna talk trash?

close cleghorn completely allready, you guys dont deserve it if your act like this.

pffft...

Good to see you are back to your old self XCM

Good to see you are back to your old self XCM

I wasn't going to say anything......

Because of the total lack of capitalization, and or spelling ability I couldn't really tell if that was sarcasm or not.

I'm going with my gut here.... Someone is being an asshat.

Someone is being an asshat.

4176d1202414856-my-macbook-air-not-expected-asshat.jpg

:D

This is very tragic however it is not right to blame the rest of us responsible 4 wheelers for the careless actions of others. All sports have risks and if the proper driving habits and safety practices are used then accidents are less likely to happen and Cleghorn and other trails like it make for a very enjoyable experience. I have been on that trail numerous times in rain, snow, and dry conditions and if you lack common sense and don't know your vehicles capabilities then you do not belong there!!

This is very tragic however it is not right to blame the rest of us responsible 4 wheelers for the careless actions of others.

try getting that argument to stand up in court ;) we get blamed for every smoking oil spewing un-roadworthy POS that ever leaves the pavement, especially if something like this happens.

try getting that argument to stand up in court ;) we get blamed for every smoking oil spewing un-roadworthy POS that ever leaves the pavement, especially if something like this happens.

How true!, I guess it wont be long before the only fun thing we will have left to do will be play video games and pretend we are doing real stuff. :compwork:

Back