• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OAUSA 2012 SummerFest / Field Day(June 22nd - 24th, 2012)

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
Is anybody going to or heard of this event? I'm going and should be camping at YP 7 at least on Friday night. This is also my first camping trip after breaking my hip so I'll still be on a crutch, but not to worry, I won't need any help.

copied from oausa:
OAUSA will hold our annual Summer Fest and Field Day event on June 22-24, 2012. This will be a three day camping trip in our local mountains in an area where several trail runs are available. On Sunday, we will offer testing for all licensing levels of Amateur Radio.

On Saturday and Sunday we will have several stations participating in the official ARRL Field Day, the single most popular Amateur Radio on-air event in the US and Canada. It’s a great opportunity to demonstrate the value of Amateur Radio, to practice emergency response capabilities, and to enjoy the camaraderie of friends in a great outdoor setting.

For more details check out http://oausa.net/content/summer-fest...une-22-24-2012 or pick up next weeks Ham net

OAUSA Ham Radio Net

Our weekly Amateur Radio Net is held every Thursday evening at 7:30. You may access the Net:

• Anywhere in the US via the Western Reflector at node 9251;
  • In the Southern California area via the Keller Peak Repeater (KE6TZG) at 146.385, (+), 146.2;
  • In the San Diego area via the KA6UAI Repeater at 449.300,(-), 100.0.

All Amateurs are welcome. Both the Western Reflector and Keller Peak are Echolink equipped.

San Bernardina, CA (near Big Bear)

Facilities
fire ring
vault toilets
water
picnic tables

***Note***: There are no RV hookups

GPS Location Coordinates:
Latitude : 34.315212 N
Longitude : -117.016314 W
Elevation : 6820

Directions:
Take Highway 330 to Running Springs, then head northeast on Highway 18 to Highway 38. Do not cross the Big Bear Lake Dam. Continue on Highway 38 to Fawnskin. Turn onto Forest Road 3N14 and continue about 6 miles to Forest Road 3N16. Turn left and continue less than a mile, then turn right and continue to the campground.

Alternate Directions:
Take I-10 East to Redlands. Take the University Street exit, EXIT 80. Turn left (northbound) on University Street. Turn right onto E. Lugonia Avenue/SR-38. Continue on State Highway 38 into Big Bear City, to E. Big Bear Blvd. Turn left onto E. Big Bear Blvd./SR-38. Turn right onto Greenway Drive/SR-18/SR-38. Turn left onto North Shore Drive, SR-38. Continue on North Shore Drive/Hwy 38 until you reach the City of Fawnskin. As you reach the “Y”, veer right on to Rim of the World Drive, past the County Fire Station 96. Continue on Rim of the World, after the pavement ends the road turns into Forest Road 3N14. Proceed on 3N14 continue to Forest Service Road 3N16. Turn left on to Forest Service Road 3N16 for approximately 0.3 of a mile. The campground is accessed by the dirt road to your right.

Fees:
The fee for the 2012 Summer Fest event is per vehicle for the entire three days and will reserve you a spot in group campsite for both nights.

Tent/trailers/ RVs/Vehicle camping/hammocks:
$55.00 -in advance
$65.00 -for a “drop-in” (Showing up without notice.)

How to make Payment:
Payments will be taken via the “Donate” button at the bottom of any page on the OAUSA website. Once payment has been received, “CONFIRMED” will be posted next to your name on the “Sign Up Roster”. For other payment arrangements or questions, PM DaveK and something can be worked out. Fees are refundable up to 14 days prior to the event.

Radio call-in for information
For each of the three days of this event we will be monitoring the Keller Peak Repeater. If you need information or help in finding the campsite, we can be reached at:
Keller Peak Repeater
146.385 + PL. 146.2

NOTE: If you wish to attend, please post your information in the format you see below.***
Screenname + # of additional attendees
Vehicle(s) Type
Dates Attending
Accomodations (i.e. Group Camping, Hotel, Day-Trip, other, etc.)

Back