• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear some afternoon this week?

Reedster

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone available to do a Big Bear run some afternoon Wed, Thur or Fri of this week? I'm off and my son has swim lessons in the morning so I couldn't be there before 1pm. I'd like to try John Bull, Holcomb Creek or 2N06X since I haven't done any of those, but I'm up for anything.

~Reed

I'm gonna be up there thurs and fri with some friends. Wasn't originally planning on any wheeling since I'm the only one with a jeep. Maybe now I can convince them. Friday will probably work best for us.

I would love to come but my front pinion bearing went bad and I probably wont have the axle back together before then.

if anyone finds a wedding ring let me know. My wife lost hers on the 4th of july. Either at Vons or on Knickerbocker

if anyone finds a wedding ring let me know. My wife lost hers on the 4th of july. Either at Vons or on Knickerbocker

That's the 2nd trail in the last week I have havn't heard of. Last week someone mentioned a "Wild Toad Ride" and now "Knickerbocker". Care to expand the info on this trail or even the Toad ride?

Mr. Toads wild ride is an awesome, wild ride from Green Valley Lake. It is a bicycle trail for mtn bikes - a killer thriller, but I don't think it can be Jeeped as I recall it was real narrow at many spots.

I may be up for a Jeep trip later this week or weekend if you guys come up with a plan.

how about holcomb on wed pm? haven't run it since the re-opening, and i have the time now.

That would work for me. I've never run it... I can be there between 1 and 1:30 depending on where we meet.

RuggedJeep, I am busy on Saturday which is why I want to do a midweek afternoon run. I'm also relatively close, so that makes it easier for me also. And that rear 8.25 I got from you is still doing great. Thanks.

Last edited:
I would be in for Thursday but thats just me. I have my kid for the next week and ill be on vacation till the 14th of August.

Well, I was just told that my mother-in-law might be coming up to watch my son's swimming lesson and hang out afterwards. She is either coming tomorrow or Thursday and I'm not sure when she'll decide. I also found out that Thursday isn't going to work because it's my parents 49th wedding anniversary and they want to take us all out to an early dinner. So I might be able to go tomorrow but I won't know until later.... I don't know how much later. Sometimes my family makes it hard to go wheeling.

shiite happens. i can do wed or thurs no prob. would luv to be out there w/ julio again - always fun, always great vid

My front axle is in pieces and probably wont be back together until the middle of next week. I need to put in a new pinion bearing. I do plan to wheel with some folks on either Sat or Sun the 13th or 14th. Waiting to see what day they choose. Probably will not be able to do any wheelin before then.

shiite happens. i can do wed or thurs no prob. would luv to be out there w/ julio again - always fun, always great vid

OK, I'm in for Wednesday if you still are. Holcomb is fine with me. I've never run it and would like to. Depending on where you want to meet I can be there between 1:00 and 1:30. So, are you still in and where do you want to meet?

~Reed

Hmmm, looks like no one has spoke up about my last minute ability to go wheeling today. I'm home now and could head up to Big Bear in a little bit but I'd need to hear soon or my wife has plans for me.
~R

Well it's looking like my buds don't want to go wheeling, they all want to hang out on the lake this trip, oh well, maybe next time.

Back