• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need headlight switch wiring help

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
I've just replace my 96's headlight switch with an OEM Mopar one from the dealership.

My old switch had one prong that the small connector plugged to.

The new one has 2 prongs.

Which one do I connect to? Don't wanna fry anything!

Dead in the water till I figure this out. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Well it looks like one pron is just a ground, but the other one has a gold strip going towar dthe main switch.
Do fog/daytime running lights hook up to the switch like that?
I'm wondering if th eother prong is just for fog lights to come on with the headlights, but I'm just guessing.

MOPAR part# 56021892AB if anyone know how to look that up.

Last edited:
Very well could be the version used in Canadian vehicles that have daytime driving lights....
If you check your PDC there will be a recepticle for a relay used for the daytime driving lights....

The trail of gold goes from the prong to where the knob would be if it were pulled out to the headlight position.

I really don't know how these things work but it appears the prong is hooked up to the headlight position.
It is also 90 degrees off from the other prong, kind of like a "Deans" plug if you're familiar with those.

So whichever is the ground (I think I can guess it's NOT the one with a gold trail) is that the ground for the whole switch?

What would happen if I plug up wrong???
Thanks for all the help!

A bit ignorant regarding electrical stuff still lol.:looser:
I'm loading a pic right now to post up. Maybe someone wiser than I coan confirm it is indeed just a ground.
If so, I've just got the "canadian" switch:yelclap:

The new switch's plugs are more towards the release button than the old one too. New one's plugs are right above the release button in the first photo.Think that's so there's not a plug to bend on the outside like the old one.

Pics of the old switch

ABSsystem96Cherokee005.jpg

ABSsystem96Cherokee006.jpg

Sooooooo......plug in to the non gold plug and call it good?

Back