• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door window vent on 96?

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
can you put a vent from like an earlier year jeep on a 96 so you can have that window vent or do you need a whole new door?

I did that on mine. the vent window is attached to the up/down window channel which bolts at the bottom of the door.

Roll window down all the way. unscrew small screws from door frame. unbolt track from door at bottom. tilt backwards to remove.

No like on the 1989 Cherokee how there is a little lever u can use to open up the window and it opens at a diagonal. Can I put that in my jeep

No like on the 1989 Cherokee how there is a little lever u can use to open up the window and it opens at a diagonal. Can I put that in my jeep

You can install those. Most people who have em actually install the solid windows because they are tired of leaks, wind noise, and break ins.

yup, just recently ditched my wind wings due to wind noise and security concerns.
does your 96 have early style doors, or later, full width windows?

I retrofitted the vents from an earlier one onto my 95. It's not difficult to do, though somewhat time consuming. If you're not familiar with the way these things go together, the vent window comes complete with its outer frame and the forward window track. If you're seeking out a used one from a junkyard, make sure the rubber gasket has not been distorted too much by years of bad closure, and especially make sure that the bottom pivot, which is spring-loaded, has not rusted, seized or broken. If the pivot gets too stiff, it loosens at the glass frame. It will still open and shut but won't stay open.

Back