• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another New Guy

Blindtheft

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I'd sign in and say hi. I pulled the trigger a few weeks ago and bought this from a guy that bhicks turned me on to:

rZrRL.jpg

wddui.jpg

I've read and learned a lot on this forum and really appreciate everyone that participates. It's been really useful for me in developing a plan for the rig. Small projects completed so far:

Replaced CCV elbows and grommets
New valve cover gasket
Oil change (synthetic, oversized filter)
Bled the brakes
New liftgate struts
Dynomax cat back exhaust
Pulled off the rear sway bar

I managed to not totally screw up the cut and fold:

R9DVi.jpg

Rigidco bumpers and rock rails are being built for me right now. JCR transfer case skid plate and Napier fender flares are also on the way. I still need some discos for the front sway bar, but then I'll probably leave it alone for a while until the urge to go bigger kicks in.

Not trying to turn this in to a build thread, so I'll leave it there. Keep an eye on the karma thread as I'll probably throw the bumpers and flares up for grabs. I did keep all the hardware, so should be a good find for someone. Thanks again for your efforts here.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see you were able to get the Jeep and are also a member. You found one of the cleanest and well taken care of XJ's out there. Vince really babied that thing. He never wheeled it, so I'm glad to see it's finally gonna get used.

I'm glad to see you were able to get the Jeep and are also a member. You found one of the cleanest and well taken care of XJ's out there. Vince really babied that thing. He never wheeled it, so I'm glad to see it's finally gonna get used.

Thanks for your help in finding it! Hope to keep it in good shape for a long while yet, but we'll see how it goes. I'm taking it real easy on the trail until its armored up.

Appreciate the welcome guys. Anyone have any recommendations for a site or book that lists the best trails in So Cal or the Sierras? I bought a So Cal backcountry adventures book, but it seems to omit quite a few that I've seen posted up here. I'm looking for somewhere to go July 15-17 with my little brother. Big Bear seems like the best option at the moment due to the heat. I did 3N16 off Green Valley Lake Road last weekend with the wife, but that was way too tame.

Most newbies with mild builds who want to be challenged will run Gold mtn. It's got plenty of good obstacles but nothing that will break your rig. (Assuming you aren't spastic with the skinny pedal). If you want to run Gold mtn. let me know, I would be happy to lead you through the trail.

Most newbies with mild builds who want to be challenged will run Gold mtn. It's got plenty of good obstacles but nothing that will break your rig. (Assuming you aren't spastic with the skinny pedal). If you want to run Gold mtn. let me know, I would be happy to lead you through the trail.

Thanks man. We passed the north entrance to Gold Mountain when we were up there last and considered checking it out, but thought better of it without having any info on what to expect. Would be happy to meet you up there sometime! Any chance you'd want to do it sometime July 15-17? We'll probably camp up there for a couple of nights and see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Thanks man. We passed the north entrance to Gold Mountain when we were up there last and considered checking it out, but thought better of it without having any info on what to expect. Would be happy to meet you up there sometime! Any chance you'd want to do it sometime July 15-17? We'll probably camp up there for a couple of nights and see what kind of trouble we can get into.

I could prbably do the 15th or 16th. Let me know which day works best for you.

Welcome!

Back