• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 to AX15 swap no start

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
95 cherokee origanally a auto with a 93 or 94 ax15 swapped in, i jumped what i belive werew the 2 wires for the nss(black conector 6 wires, conected the 2 outside wires) not sure why it wont fire, still running the orig auto pcm for the jeep wich i dont care about codes as its a trail only rig, i think i gotta ubplug the auto trans controler/computer but know where its located, any thoughts or help?

The AW4 selector shaft switch (gear position) provides the ground path for the power distribution relay to energize the starter solenoid circuit on earlier models .. I'd check for something like that.

The AW4 selector shaft switch (gear position) provides the ground path for the power distribution relay to energize the starter solenoid circuit on earlier models .. I'd check for something like that.

I'd start there, as it makes sense. Can't start a slushbox'd engine in any drive gear. You don't happen to have a writeup on your transmission swap, do you? I'm wanting to swap a 'proper gearbox' into my XJ.

what did you do for the NSS? I believe that Jeep uses a switch on the clutch pedal to insure it was not in gear prior to start.

Could be wrong...

only some came with the clutch switch, I know mine didn't

got the jeep to start, i simply took the wire that goes from the pdc to the nss and grounded it, its gonna set off the cel but with it being a trail only rig it wont be a issue

Back