• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just scored these

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
DSCF1594.jpg

DSCF1593-1.jpg

i know they arent the acos ones from jks but they should work

yup they were free so i cant bitch. a friend of mine works in a hot rod fab shop they make these. they fit in an xj so im going to try them out. they are actually pretty solid. the pics dont do them much justice.

Dude, you have to be XXXXing kidding! those look like they belong sleeved over some POS Strut. I wouldnt trust those. Quick, step away from the jeep.

thay just slide over the bump tower. what is the difference between thes and the ones acos sells? other than the bolt to lock down the setting.

thay just slide over the bump tower. what is the difference between thes and the ones acos sells? other than the bolt to lock down the setting.

:twak:

:doh:

If you have to ask....

You shouldn't be near a vehicle.

Honestly, just look at it? the fact that an 8 year old kid from china mass produced this and the fact that JKS specifically designed them for our jeeps should speak for itself.

C'mon fails85, you're not even trying.

Are they plastic or aluminium?

How do they accomodate the bumpstop, or do they try and re-use the stock one?

Whats to stop the adjuster collar from stripping the threads out and breaking when you impact hard?

Are they plastic or aluminium?

How do they accomodate the bumpstop, or do they try and re-use the stock one?

Whats to stop the adjuster collar from stripping the threads out and breaking when you impact hard?

I'm pretty sure he hasn't thought it through that far....

I have to be honest - I am not familiar with the ins and outs of running an ACOS, but after just *looking* at the ones in this post and then at the JKS ones - I can see there is a significant difference.

There is a difference, careful.

p_acos.jpg

if you could get another adjuster for each and use it as a "lock" spanner (sp?) then maybe try em. I dont know. cant be all that bad?

Great, he's got vendor support now. Awesome!

HAHA Not really. Just looking at them, I wouldnt run em. But IF he is set on it, at lest give him some direction. IF they fit the bump stop post GOOD, and they lock the spring adjuster spanner, then really whats the harm of trying? :confused1

HAHA Not really. Just looking at them, I wouldnt run em. But IF he is set on it, at lest give him some direction. IF they fit the bump stop post GOOD, and they lock the spring adjuster spanner, then really whats the harm of trying? :confused1

While im not one to knock one for being innovative and trying new things, this is one of those where its questionable and with parts made in China by a 6 year old, I just cant imagine the end result being good is all.

Back