• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ downstream 02 sensor wiring question

twodoorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so today i am going to hook up my o2 sensor (the wires got ripped a while back, above the tcase)

Now on the car itself i have a:

tan/white
black
brown/yellow
green/white

on the o2 sensor plug i have: ( these are not the wires coming out of the o2 sensor itself, this is a seperate plug i have, and i dont remember if it is off my jeep or another one)

brown/black
black/blue
black
green/tan

Thanks!

so your looking for the correct orientation right? I'll look at my friends 99 tonight since were literally dealing with the same problem, won't be able to post again till 10pm. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

It's 99.5 and lower.... It doesn't have any other mid year changes. Production date is 3/99.

You probably have a non-OEM O2 sensor and one that is not a direct fit bosch type, which is what I have. The 99 FSM vehicle side connector colors match your 98 and my 99.

There should be a slightly thicker wire on both sides. That's the 12v heater wire. Also, black goes to black. That only leaves the two signal wires. Twist them together, reset the computer and then check for a CEL. If it comes on reverse those wires and check again.

Back