• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

go fast leafs for mj

mancheman21

NAXJA Forum User
i know deaver makes a good pack for the xj. and i emailed them for a pack for the mj and they want 800 bucks! and that aint gonna happen. what are you guys running for the go fast stuff in your mj?

$800 is only a little more than thier xj leaves. were you expecting them to be magically cheaper?

not as much aftermarket for comanche rearends. most of the taller guys end up going spring over with the factory leaves or beefed up factory leaves. which isnt the greatest setup if you want to go fast

$800 for a set of custom SUA leaves from Deaver is a good price. Being spring under / staying spring under would net you VERY nice spring rates / travel numbers. Especially if you're 2wd, you'll have less to worry about with the longer driveshaft. I was going to go that route with mine. I went SOA on mine temporarily, and it handled like SH*T. Deavers were in the plans before I sold it.

$800 for a set of custom SUA leaves from Deaver is a good price. Being spring under / staying spring under would net you VERY nice spring rates / travel numbers. Especially if you're 2wd, you'll have less to worry about with the longer driveshaft. I was going to go that route with mine. I went SOA on mine temporarily, and it handled like SH*T. Deavers were in the plans before I sold it.

I think i want my MJ to be a go fast rig eventually. Finally got my suspension on the XJ dialed enough to go 50 on a gravel road and hit potholes on purposeand not destroy my kidneys. I WANNA GO FAST!

That was the same quote I got from Deaver. They're well worth the money though, sometimes ya gotta pay to play. Crazyjim summed it up pretty good. You could always try to re-arch some Chevy 64's.

I have a set of Alcans that I will sell.. but they were built for SOA. and more for crawling

I have never seen a set of Alcans worth buying.

Call up Oregon Spring, deaver will even tell you that they highly recomend them. Deavers makes an awesome spring but you also are paying for the name. Any company who knows what they are doing can also build a great spring as well. Not saying deavers are not worth it but $800 is crazy, might as well do coilovers and link it!

And spend $2000?

Bingo.

I will order my new coil overs for the front of the MJ on Monday and those alone are going to be $950.

Call up Oregon Spring, deaver will even tell you that they highly recomend them. Deavers makes an awesome spring but you also are paying for the name. Any company who knows what they are doing can also build a great spring as well. Not saying deavers are not worth it but $800 is crazy, might as well do coilovers and link it!

anyone else have experience with oregon spring? did you have a set built by them? if so how much did they run you? you can pm me if you dont wanna post.

thanks

My friend just bought deavers for the back of his MJ and they mentioned to him that there are other good spring manufaturers out there and they specifically named Oregon Spring. They said Oregon Spring was a good alternative, they might even do work for deaver but I wouldn't quote that.

I have another buddy who is having Oregon Spring build him a deaver equivlent spring for the back of his ranger for significantly less money. I don't remember how much less it was but it was probably around a couple hundred less.

I'll add this: I'm not sure I would run Deavers if I didn't live in Southern California. Deaver uses a slimmer spring, but more of them. This is what gives them such an awesome spring rate, and progressive smooth travel. However, the downside of this is when you beat your truck hard, you end up with broken springs. Most guys who race end up replacing a spring or two every few races. The guys who don't, but chase / play hard, do it once a year or so. Again, they're great springs, but keep these things in mind.

I'll add this: I'm not sure I would run Deavers if I didn't live in Southern California. Deaver uses a slimmer spring, but more of them. This is what gives them such an awesome spring rate, and progressive smooth travel. However, the downside of this is when you beat your truck hard, you end up with broken springs. Most guys who race end up replacing a spring or two every few races. The guys who don't, but chase / play hard, do it once a year or so. Again, they're great springs, but keep these things in mind.

what does southern california have to do with it?

Back