• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

simple track bar question

xjhavens

NAXJA Forum User
Im lowering my xj from 4.5 inchs of lift and 35's down to 2.5- 3 inchs and 33's. All I need to pick up now is a track bar.(dana 30) Id like to go with a double shear bracket on the frame side. I've seen iron rocks and the kit from kevins. So here's my questions

1. Any other options out there I might want to look at?

2. Any one running either of the bars mentioned above at 2.5-3 inches of lift? Did you have any issues with diff cover clearance? (I have a SOLID diff cover)

3. Do they have enough adjustment to work at low lift heights?

I only ask about the adjustment because I have the rock krawler t-bar now, it was too long when I got it, sent it back and recived another thinking they might have sent the wrong one the new one was also to long. I had to cut 3/4" off to center my axle and be able to fit the jam nut on. If I have to I guess I could get a stock frame side bracket and get a jks bar but id prefer to go with a double shear. Thanks for the help.

The IRO HD track bar has 2 options for 1-5" or 3-7" lifts. It will probably rub on an extra thick diff cover, rubbing is more likely the longer your lower control arms are.

rough country has one. i run it. seems fine but i dont like the diameter of the tube. 1" od
i got it to cut it down. the bracket is pretty good

You could always get a trackbar with a single shear heim and modify stock bracket and run it in double sheer with misalignment spacers.

i run the IRO setup at 2.5" with a stock diff cover and have had problems with it hitting the cover at full stuff with 31's. it was just a little rub and i didnt see it as a problem. you might with the aftermarket cover though. just have IRO bend it to clear your cover. they already know of the problem at low lift height.

Thanks for the replies!
Tim: I've got adjustable upper and lower control arms so that shouldn't be a problem.
jasn: I didn't evan think about claytons! Ill definitely look into that one.
bmx: I considered rough country, but haven been real impressed with there quality. Stuff just seems to wear out to fast for me. Thanks tho.
Johnnie walker: my stock bracket is long gone tho I can get one easily. Will have to look into this.
90 waggy: did you post a thread about you irl hitting diff cover? I might have seen it and that is what got me thinking.
so I think ill be calling claytons and iro tomarrow to see what they have to say.

Back