• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need advice about a trade

Speedbump96

NAXJA Forum User
alright here i go im thinking about trading my jeep for another jeep
i have a long arm and i wanna go short arm
just personal preference
wanna know what everyone thinks hes gunna trade me his rig plaus 2500 bucks

i got a guy that has a 1996 cherokee, rustys 3" spring with acos adjustable spacer,ironman adjustable upper and lower control arms, over the knuckle steering, custom trac bar and mount, rear add a leaf, front pre runner bumper, rear rock crawler bumper, rock sliders, 3.55 gears w factory limited slip in rear, 31" tires w/ 50-60%, odometer says 19x,xxx miles

opo.jpg

kl.jpg

I think its a wash, you'd spend the 2500 to regear and locker it, put a cage in, and whatever else you find wrong. But if you like it, sure why not? I think i'd tell him 3k though and see if you can get it.

I think its a wash, you'd spend the 2500 to regear and locker it, put a cage in, and whatever else you find wrong. But if you like it, sure why not? I think i'd tell him 3k though and see if you can get it.

yeah we tlkd about 3k but he cant afford that right now
its kinda like a hit or miss for me i want it but when i regear and i put spartans in i think itll be a decent rig but im on the fence

I like the way that roof rack mounts btw...

Yes you could go back to short arm but why would you wanna spend the money/time when you already have something better...?

I like the way that roof rack mounts btw...

Yes you could go back to short arm but why would you wanna spend the money/time when you already have something better...?

just dont really prefer long arms
idk just a hit or miss with me and i prefer short arms with drop brackets idk im wierd :looser:

i dont see fabing new lower mounts in the stock position beeing that hard. if you buy the drop brackets you could just bolt those in and use them as a jig for your new stock mounts.

and as long as you have adjustable lowers you can still adjust your axle/pinion angle.
ballisticfabrication.com is where i buy my tabs and stuff.

Last edited:
why weld in stock lower mounts when you can weld in mounts that have the drop all ready made. a custom set of longer lowers fabed up will be less cost than stock lowers welded in and then having to buy drop brackets. just my thoughts.

why weld in stock lower mounts when you can weld in mounts that have the drop all ready made. a custom set of longer lowers fabed up will be less cost than stock lowers welded in and then having to buy drop brackets. just my thoughts.

even better.

i was just thinking boxed in tabs for the lower in stock position.

Last edited:

Best idea!

Could you not tune out your undesirable characteristics with prothanes and some limit straps?

Honestly, re-doing your front suspension seems a lot easier that starting on an unknown jeep. ( not to be rude to the other party)

Back