• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rig Wheeling Trip, whos in?

Not taking my rig to Evans.....till I dont mind body damage, but I have an offer on the table. I will drive my Dodge pickup with my flatbed trailer and no Jeep. Call it the recovery vehicle. We could use it to potentially haul a broken XJ home as long as said vehilcles owner wouldnt mind paying for my gas for the trip back to there place. Oh, and I get to ride with people to haha. We could also use it to haul camping gear for people so they dont have to mess with that either. Just an idea to chew on.

at this point im tentative. depending on what gets broken on jeep between now and then lol

Any trailer queen can wheel ORV park to ORV park. However, it takes an Iron Rig to drive from ORV park to ORV park, loaded down with camping, wheeling, and recovery gear, and then spend a full day wheeling some of the best areas in the Northwest... only to do it all over again the next day. :cool:

I'm going to try like hell to make it, but there's just too many factors to consider right now. I'll have to see how NWF goes first.

If there are more then 4 people going and my rig is in one piece I'm goin(fuel price alowing)

I really really want to do this. However, after just having our first baby 2 weeks ago, it most likely wont be possible for me to make it the full 7 days. Having said that, I will almost positively be able to meet up and wheel at least 2 days out of the 7 (Naches-Evans or Evans-Elbe).....or provide any parts that someone may need as I am sure some carnage will occur. :dunno:
This could be a major event, I think it will say alot about those that can actually wheel the entire 7 days continuously, let alone those that can do it without turning a wrench on their rig during that time.

my rig would blow up.......

Oh jeese tim your rig won't explode. You broke a drive shaft, it happens I'm sure I will do the same eventually

Im saying my self lubricating motor will blow up :)

I would be down for this run, but the first week of August is a no-go for me. Any time after August 15th works much better. My only concern would be my tired old high mileage engine making through 7 days straight of driving.

I want to keep this alive. So maybe August 20th~28th? Thats a Saturday to Sunday.

I am 85% in for this. Plenty of time to clean up the rig, my job is iffy as always but hey.. My rig is running good.

Who is in? I really don't want to do this all by myself.... that would suck.. Epic run of loneliness...

Maybe we get the BOD to offer a price bucket? Or try and get some local companies to sponser? Totally running out of time now.. but just a thought... I guess we should do it once first..

Last edited:
There was much discussion about a plan,

This is a good route, if we meet up there say Friday/Sat, and start we could finish by Tuesday.

Although we all should be prepared for this run to LAG way behind and probably carry over until Wednesday.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=WA-165+S/Mowich+Lake+Rd&daddr=SE+448th+St/Rooseve lt+Ave+E+to:Naches,+WA+98937+(Little+Naches+Campgr ound)+to:46.7587501,-121.5577477+to:Sf+1142+Rd%2FStoner+Rd+to:browns+ca mp+oregon&geocode=FQxNzAId4NW6-A%3BFaAy0AIduiO7-A%3BFfoAzQIdkTLI-CHGLSqE-ayJ0A%3BFV57yQIdDS3B-CnR7YuiQjKXVDEfKKrwdV4dIw%3BFZzcyQIdHTq5-A%3BFdP0twIdf6Kl-CHaRQZ3rM55xw&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=2,3&mrsp=4&sz=15& via=3&sll=46.775347,-122.078404&sspn=0.021426,0.055747&ie=UTF8&ll=46.78 0755,-122.074327&spn=0.021424,0.055747&t=h&z=15

Start early on a Friday at Evans, wheel all morning.
Leave early afternoon for the Naches Trail, run it until we hit the other side and camp.
Run Naches trails the Saturday.
leave for Elbe that night and camp at Elbe.
Wheel Elbe Sunday
Leave Sunday night and camp at TSF
Wheel TSF Monday

Gas is high but is dropping slowly. Hopefully it continues. You guys know im definitely in for this. ;). What I would really like to see is a couple of passengers dedicated for and in charge of documenting the trip. Cameras, video, even a written report. Talk to alot of the local vendors like said earlier. Maybe even see if we could get a connection to a magazine or film publisher? Or am I thinking to big now?

Back