• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Disrespect?

TA2Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Saw this little tidbit via a trail rating system through Jeep Jamboree:

10 Extremely demanding. Reserved for the toughest
off-road trip in the U.S.A. – the Rubicon Trail. Requires
4WD with 4-LO (Not recommended for Jeep Patriot,
Compass, Liberty, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, or
Commander.)

:shocked:

Hmmm, interesting. Personally, I wouldn't take a stock cherokee through the rubicon...maybe that's what they mean.

Pound for pound the wrangler rubicon is a much more capable rig in stock form.

Stock, an XJ likely would have a very difficult time on the Rubicon. Tiny little 225/75 tires, LSD at best in one differential, not exactly a wheeler's dream rig. Hell, a stock TJ or JK would likely have a difficult time, unless it's the Rubicon model.

I understand the stockers are a no-go for the Rubicon, but this is the description for the preceding trail rating level:

8-9 Very demanding. Likelihood of getting stuck is
high. Mud holes may be deep and rock climbing is
more arduous. Lifts and lockers are helpful. Requires
4WD with 4-LO.

So, in my mind, in order to do a 10, you would need to be equipped at minimum for 8-9 rated trails and as far as I'm aware, a lifted / locked Cherokee is a capable rig for the Rubicon.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, LOL :confused1 - it just kind of felt like a shot across the bow when I saw that they didn't think much of the XJs.. :cry:

As a previous TJ owner and someone who has ran the Rubicon, I can say two things. There's no way I would take a stock XJ through that trail. Also, if I HAD to pick a TJ or XJ for heavy wheelin, I would go XJ every time.

As a previous TJ owner and someone who has ran the Rubicon, I can say two things. There's no way I would take a stock XJ through that trail. Also, if I HAD to pick a TJ or XJ for heavy wheelin, I would go XJ every time.

And as an owner of an XJ who has ran the rubicon, let me just say.. HA!

Of those vehicles listed, aren't they all unibody vs full frame? May that is their "reason" behind the list?

the only thing i like about the tj is that its convertible. kinda. everyone knows xj kick ass. besides xj can be built up and still cost less money then a tj in stock form. bitches act like the tj parts are gold plated and shit.

Back