• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with a DRB Scan Tool?

alever

NAXJA Forum User
I recently got a '98 and it did not come with a remote. I one off of ebay, and I know for my year, the DRB scan tool is needed to program it. So when I plug the scan tool in and follow the instructions to program the remote, the scan tool locks the doors, then it says to unlock them with the remote to program it. However, every time I hit unlock, it won't program. I tested the batteries on the remote and they work fine. I got another remote from a junkyard and it does the same thing. I'm thinking that maybe the steps on this particular scan tool might be programmed in wrong? My dad use to work for a Chrysler dealer and he said sometimes the scan tools display the wrong steps. I was just wondering if anyone has excess to a scan tool, or if anyone else had the remote programmed and know what steps are involved. I just have no clue what else it would be, because the XJ is accepting the computer programming, but it isn't accepting the remote?

Sorry I got no helpful info for you here other than to maybe switch out RKE receivers and see if that makes a difference.

So you actually have access to a DRBIII huh? Man I wish you were my friend and lived much closer.

Sorry I got no helpful info for you here other than to maybe switch out RKE receivers and see if that makes a difference.

So you actually have access to a DRBIII huh? Man I wish you were my friend and lived much closer.

haha, well my dad is a mechanic at a garage. He use to work for Chrysler but now works at a local garage. He said if he still worked at the dealership he could go into the computer service records and often times it will give you the necessary steps for the DRB.

Is that the receiver in the dome light? We tried putting another one in from the junkyard and that didn't work either. Maybe it is a wiring issue? Does anyone have the wiring diagram for keyless entry system?

Back