• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Left Front Turn Signal Blowing Fuses

dishner

NAXJA Forum User
The left front turn signal on my 1998 Jeep Cherokee Keeps blowing fuses. It's a 5 sp, 4.0 4 door. I changed out the bulbs before I realized what was going on, so I know they are not the problem. The running lights, which use the same bulbs, come on but not the signal light. My first thought was that it might be the turn signal switch in the steering column, but I was hoping to get some advice before I go switching parts. Thanks.

If you have a trailer harness, check the wires to see if they are grounding out on something

Check the bulb wiring up front also. Mine was grounding out up there from a wire that had gotten worn through.

Well it seems to be fixed. Really not sure how though. I followed both suggestions and did not see anything; BUT when I put everything back together, it was working. I guess I'd rather be lucky than good!

Now if anyone wants to help me figure out the mystery of my dome light/defroster, that would be super!

Thanks for the help!

Back