• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift running higher on one side Vs the other?

Hoooper

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a 4.5" rough country lift as well as clayton long arms and now my jeep is running 3/4" to 1 1/4" lower on the passenger side than the driver's side, at both wheel wells. What could possibly cause this? I already checked the shackles in the back and both are in the same position. Are the springs side specific (both front and rear sets)? Both of my front springs coil the same direction, is that ok? Anyone else have this happen? Im going to check the coil spring heights when I get home and see if theyre compressed the same amount, but even if they werent this would explain the rear since the difference in the rear is a little bit MORE than the front

will do. going to suck ratcheting the front back into position, but gotta do what you gotta do. would that really cause it to be screwy on ride height like that?

No need to unbolt em all the way, just loosen the bolts a couple turns and then bounce it around a bit, then retighten. If you tighten with the suspension drooped down and then drop it on the ground it torques all the bushings at ride height, which results in them wearing out way sooner than they normally would. I did this on my rear leafs when I first lifted it and they didn't even last a year. They were OEM replacements, the original ones lasted 13 years no problem.

thanks for the tips guys, I never even considered this being an issue. even if it doesnt fix the ride height its good to have fixed binding bushings

Make sure the coil spring is properly seated in the coil bucket on the axle. It only sits one way. After you loosen and retighten all the suspension bolts, check the ride height and see if it changed. If not, call RC and tell em the issue and they will prob send you new springs.

front seems to be ok, its a little low, but I think it can be explained by the rear problem, which is clearly a leaf spring issue

photo1gti.jpg

photo2oh.jpg

photo3jo.jpg

looke like the lift is brand new? if so i would give it time to settle. it may, or it may not. if it doesnt settle, i would swap one leaf or coil to the other side, not both, and see if that changes anything. my jeep leans a good 1-1.5" to the drivers side, so i had to get ACOS to fix it.

I'm just going to get this spring replaced. The flat section and being 1 inch low, definitely bad spring. I'm not going to be screwing around with swapping springs around or using booster or anything to level out a brand new lift. And I'm not ok with settling, the flat spring isn't going to grow arch when it settles

I was wondering if you found the cause of the problem?
Some early broncos would do the same thing because the arms weren't even. To fix them you just unhooked the frame end and rolled the axle so the end of the arm was one the ground if the both touch than their the same if not one needs to be adjusted

Back