• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Middle Tennessee Caravan

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
Anyone given any thought to when a caravan might pull out of Middle Tennessee on the 30th?

Or even where we might consider doing our meet up?

I ask this far out, because my cousin may be flying to Nashville to do the run with me and I wonder about him flying in on the 29th versus the 30th.

Where did y'all meet up last year? Mapquest looks like the route is to run 65 in to Bowling Green then head east. Is that the route you took last year, or did you run 40?

Looking forward to this!

Yeah we met up in Smyrna last year. We took 65 to Knoxville then 75 north. I'm sure Mark and Ed will chime in and give you details. I was the caboose the whole way!

Routes are six of one, half dozen of the other. From my house it is 291 miles either way. The Knoxville route shows 17 minutes more though, presumably due to road conditions, or dealing with Knoxville traffic.

What time did y'all leave last year? Do you recall?

HERE is an idea....we go though Knoxville and make a 2 hour rest stop at the Pull A Part on the east side of town as we pass through!!! :cheers:

Routes are six of one, half dozen of the other. From my house it is 291 miles either way. The Knoxville route shows 17 minutes more though, presumably due to road conditions, or dealing with Knoxville traffic.

What time did y'all leave last year? Do you recall?

HERE is an idea....we go though Knoxville and make a 2 hour rest stop at the Pull A Part on the east side of town as we pass through!!! :cheers:

Yea grab every set of front shafts you can find! LOL! :rof:

Yeah that stop sounds good to me!! But yeah we left at around 7:30 or so from Smyrna.

I'll be pulling my pop-up this year so the blistering pace we set last year will only be luke warm this time. Hahahaha!!!

You may want me to pull it so it won't cost so much. 17 mpg rocks towing a popup camper.

But I get a bed inside if I tow it.....just warning you ahead of time.

I'm still trying to nail this down on my horizon, but with I-840 skirting Nashville eastbound, wouldn't a good rendezvous point be off I-40 near Lebanon? Even the Alabama guys could hook up with us there.

It seems to me that the 840/40 area makes most sense, as it can be accessed by people using 24, 40, 65, and 840.

840 meets 40 at exit 235...exit 238 is the main Lebanon exit (the Outlet Mall exit). There is a big Pilot station offt the south exit on the east side of the street that would be a good meeting place.

I will be meeting up with the group in Cookeville at exit 288/Hwy 111.

We could certainly make multiple pick ups along the way.

I would think that we should do one in Lebanon, one in Cookeville, and one in Knoxville.

Zinger stated in an earlier post that the meeting time last year was around 7:30, so if this isn't premature, I might suggest:

7:30 am--meet in Lebanon
7:45 am--depart for Cookeville
8:45 am--meet in Cookeville
9:00 am CT--depart for Knoxville
11:45 am ET--meet in Knoxville...fast food drive through lunch stop??***
12:30 pm-depart Knoxville
2:45 pm--arrive Harlan

We can nail down specific meeting locations as the trip nears.

***I'm still suggesting a stop at the PAP in Knoxville en route

Anyone thought more about getting something official in place for meeting times/locations and approximate desired arrival time at camp in KY?

I'm asking because I have a buddy coming along that needs to get airline tickets purchased.

Who's ready to confirm a day of departure schedule?

I'll say early Thursday morning. We can meet in Lebanon on I40. Say...8:00. Earlier if possible would be good too.

Then I propose we take this schedule and make it official:

We can pick a stop in Lebanon, Cookeville, and Knoxville for caravan pick up. I'd be happy to take on the role of coordinating. I have an exit guide book from work and can tell you what we'll find on every exit of every highway from here to Harlan.

Any seconds to the motion? If we get an ok, I can start a new thread with locations and start a "sign up" list for each location.

Getting ready to go now!!

I'm good with it...

Then I propose we take this schedule and make it official:

We can pick a stop in Lebanon, Cookeville, and Knoxville for caravan pick up. I'd be happy to take on the role of coordinating. I have an exit guide book from work and can tell you what we'll find on every exit of every highway from here to Harlan.

Any seconds to the motion? If we get an ok, I can start a new thread with locations and start a "sign up" list for each location.

Getting ready to go now!!

Do it man!

Sounds official. The motion has passed!

But let's have every one post here. No need for a new thread.

This, the voice of a pure spectator. I'll look at seeing you guys off from Lebanon. It'll be just one more day of rubbing my A/Ts into the pavement : (

new thread started a week ago...so far we have 4 people signed up!!

Back