• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got new drums!

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
Some of the best sounding drums on the planet, hands down. Mapex is literally sweeping the industry. They are pro-level drums for a fraction of the cost. I went to Hollywood to pick these up for MUCH cheaper than they were going for, and while there I played every single kit in the huge store. Only one kit came close to the sound and projection of these babies, and it was going for $3500.00. Anyhow, figured I'd show you the sorry pics I was able to take last night in my garage - the finish is NOT a wrap. It's eight coats of hand-applied lacquer over stained wood. Check it out!

100_3303.jpg

100_3289.jpg

100_3275.jpg

100_3291.jpg

Damn "D" those are sweet. what did you do with your old kit? My vintage kit is geting restored and i bought Cory's kit also.

I heard that! Good on you man! Export, right? Good sets. That is what I replaced with the Mapex. They sound good, but this Mapex... whew! It's the difference between a VW and a monster truck lol. BIG sound.

Gonna use my old kit as the practice kit for the band and keep the bad boys at home so I can work on hand speed and all that. Been a while since I actually practiced apart from playing music, which only teaches you meter and stuff, not stick work. :)

We gig Fri and Sat man, if you can come out to one that'd be great! :)

i can tell Skwerly likes this drum set, hes talking about stick work and hand speed, and keeping the bad boys at home :shocked:

just big enough for a water heater, 2 people, and some chains. and you wonder why I never come over for a few beers..

:D

So, you do like Wendys..
HA!

You know what they call a drummer without a girlfriend?..........................................................................homeless

LOL yea, the drummer jokes are all fantastic.

How can you tell a drummer is at your door? The knocking speeds up.

What do you do when a drummer knocks on your door? Pay for the pizza.

What do you call someone who constantly hangs out with musicians? A drummer.

What is the last thing a drummer says before being fired? Hey guys, wanna try one of MY songs?

:D

Back