• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake caliper 1 or 2 piston

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting together my front axle and need some calipers. I had stock calipers with EBC yellow pads on my 30. Loved it. On my 44 I have the option of going with either stock calipers or some super expensive Wilwood 2 piston calipers. Anybody have any experience with the Wilwood D52's?

damn those are $$

i dont have any experience with those calipers specifically, but you wont be disappointed with wilwoods. i've had better luck with stoptech over EBCs also fwiw

More important than the number of pistons are the piston area and the pad area. On a stock size rotor i don't think you're going to notice a huge difference with the Wilwoods. To get the most out of them you'd need to match sizes with the master cylinder, too.

I wouldn't mess with it unless you've just got money overflowing out of your wallet, or you're running really big tires and you need all the brakes you can get.

Back