• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust hanger at trans mount.

1988JeepXj

NAXJA Forum User
Is non-existent. Old style, u-shaped thing not the newer style round rod. Looking to put a header on the Jeep and wanted to take care of it at this time, last thing I want is to put in a nice new crack free header just to hear the pipe rattle on the crossmember. Only reason its not rattling right now is because I really reefed on the down pipe and it just BARELY clears. Sometimes I can feel it contact when I hit a large bump. Besides, I'd rather not put undue stress on the new header collector and risk it cracking too.

Anyway, what have you guys done to solve this problem since nobody sells that little bracket anymore? Some pics would be great. Thanks.

how about put a flex pipe in after the hearder than fab your own hard mount for the exhaust pipe on the crossmember?
Or hit the junkyard for a mount.

I'm looking for a solution for the part that goes into the rubber. I'll probably just fabricate a support rod with a pointed end. The factory part bolted to the catalytic converter flange, and I'm quite shocked that nobody seems to sell a replacement piece.

I was kinda hoping somebody had a better idea.

All the rubber mounts are good.

Back