• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Tracbar Replacement

1armyguy

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, I am calling on the guru's. I recently lifted my xj with a Rough Country 3" Series II lift and it is looking like I might need a new tracbar. Which one is a good replacement and where can I get it?

Thanks for the help.

Wayne

I'd recommend Rubicon Express' RE1600 trackbar, which requires the RE1665 trackbar bracket. Mine's been in for about five years now with no issues.

One caveat: Rubicon Express is presently closed pending reorganisation, so you won't be able to order from them directly. A number of vendors should have them in stock, though.

im with casm. if you can swing it the RE HD bar, bracket and brace is impossible to beat IMO. just check the flex joint every few months and tighten it as needed.

but who knows when it will be available again if they are not currently available somewhere.

IRO

I'd recommend Rubicon Express' RE1600 trackbar, which requires the RE1665 trackbar bracket. Mine's been in for about five years now with no issues.

One caveat: Rubicon Express is presently closed pending reorganisation, so you won't be able to order from them directly. A number of vendors should have them in stock, though.

The P/N for their Extreme Duty trackbar is RE1660. The one listed above is their standard trackbar and doesn't require the bracket.

The P/N for their Extreme Duty trackbar is RE1660. The one listed above is their standard trackbar and doesn't require the bracket.

Ooops... I must've typoed when I wrote that. Yeah, I meant RE1660 :looney:

I just got the entry level 3 inch lift from RC and am thinking the same thing, I was wondering about an adjustable one without the HD Bracket, like this one from rusty's.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...oduct_Code=RC-TB122-UV&Category_Code=SUS_TRAC

Thanks for the thread.

That is basically a stock bar that can be adjusted. You're much better off moving to a double-shear setup. Do it once, do it right...

The RE and the IRO setup are basically identical and give you much better stability and flex, and they only cost a little bit more!

My old one is up for sale, just putting that out there...

Thanks for your knowledge KTM... So ahh. what I did was google rockkrawler, and ah I think I found it, but I dunno I'm kinda dumb. Can you help please?

http://www.rockkrawler.com/index.php?r_intro=no

Thanks.

That's the one!
The Rock Krawler one looks pretty decent, i think it's the same setup as the IRO and the RE. Between the three i would probably just pick based on price.

Most of the double-shear designs are the same. I have the TNT and have been happy with it but in retrospect would have preferred one with a cross-brace like the RE. My advice is find one that will suit your current lift and your expected final lift (maybe less than current once you add armor), then see if you can find a double-shear with a cross-brace in that length

the only reason i reccomend rockkrawler

is because it doesnt use baby stock bolts

it uses 9/16" bolts i think

comes with a heavy duty bracket

and is cheaper than the rest.

you can build trackbars "made for a tank" and the trackbar itself is fine. but if its connected to your jeep with little bolts that snap all the time then what good is it?

Back