• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock replacement

BrokenSockets

NAXJA Forum User
I need a set of front shocks to replace the ones that came with the RC 3" lift from the PO.

This weekend I was in the middle of the wilderness 3 hours from Ottawa on the way to the Senator/Bruins game (running late, of course) when one of the front shocks decided to disconnect itself. It was flopping around in the wheel well and the bushings had disappeared. The bolt was still miraculously sitting under the brake booster so I used a 1" socket as a spacer over the shock top thread plus a couple of big washers I had in the back and tightened it all up solid. It got me there and back without any trouble - actually drove pretty nicely.

Problem is the rod got a bit bent so I think I need to swap them out.

This XJ sees mostly road so something with a softer ride is best, I have the 3" lift so It had the RC 8127 front shocks. Looking for something with a better road ride and the right length & travel for this height.

Any suggestions?

Back