• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help: Steering Stabilizer, 89 LTD XJ

XJBucko

NAXJA Forum User
Hi:

Just doing some work to my front end and notice that the steering stabilizer (damper?) on my 89 XJ LTD is thrashed. I'm looking for a value (i.e. low cost) replacement. The one I have on now is still the original so given that it's 22 years old and probably been hooped for a while, I'm not sure how much a difference a functioning stabilizer makes. I don't do much 4 wheeling, mainly logging roads in the summer and some road snow in the winter. Thanks for any advice.

RC, talk to Grimus. Or, OME is about 80$

kyb makes a nice one. # is "ss10317", runs about $40. isn't a huge impressive looking piece, but works VERY well. ran it on the xj, and am now running another one on the mj.

kyb makes a nice one. # is "ss10317", runs about $40. isn't a huge impressive looking piece, but works VERY well. ran it on the xj, and am now running another one on the mj.

Hi HB:

Thanks for the recomendation. Do you know if there a boot (or Bellows) for that shock? Thanks again.

Back