• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

multifunction switch

3rdredxj

NAXJA Forum User
i went to use my turn signal and the flasher relay started buzzing. it stops when i hit the breaks. i have no break lites, turn signals, or hazards. is it my multifuntion switch? all relays and fueses and bulbs are good. any ideas?

the multifunction switch has nothing to do with the brake light or parking lamp circuit.

I would suspect shoddy grounds. Check the grounds at the lights, there's one in the rear cargo area, and if someone has addd a trailer connector check that out closely as well.

What year/engine/drivetrain in your Jeep? You should always put that info in your first post.

Yeah, definitely clean your ground connections. Don't just inspect them. They can be dirty up under the screw where you can't see it. Anytime lights do funny things, the ground is the first thing to check.

i fixed it. opened the relay box itself. found i had power comeing in but no power out. just jumped the wire out to one with power. 5 cent conecter. its not the RITE way but i have all my lites for a sticker

Back