• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dumb luck!!

91blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
so i was driving the heep last night and noticed a bad vibe kick in.... so today i went out and did my monthly inspection on her and found a destroyed u-joint in the rear at the pinion... so bad that the shaft was about to drop... so i got real lucky that she didn't pop out on me while on the freeway last night!!! all replaced and fixed up !! she is happy again !!!

Lucky you got it before all went bad. But be honest.....you had to have been ignoring a vibration for a long time for it to get that bad. It just doesn't fail light a switch.

i noticed a slight vibe but thought it was the mt's but after inspecting the destroyed u-joint it appears that the needle bearings got thrashed so the joint was floating in the cap so i didn't notice anything wrong while it was sitting...... but hey!!! its all better now

Good catch, Steve! Just in the Steve of time =). Maybe you should change your name to Nick...

Back