• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HAM classes

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Saw this coming from another group thread so I'd thought I would share for those who've been wanting to get your ham license:

One-Day Amateur Radio Technician License Class (Entry level)
Saturday, February 26th, 2011
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (with breaks and a 45 minute lunch)
Location: Carlsbad Safety Center, 2560 Orion Way, Carlsbad, CA, 92010-7240
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Class is free.
VE Testing, (5:00 PM to 7:30 PM) and costs $5
Please RSVP with Steve Early at [email protected] to ensure enough materials and seats.

One-day Amateur Radio General License Upgrade Class (Intermediate)
Dates/Times: Saturday, March 5th, 2011
8 AM to 5 PM (with breaks and a 45 Minute lunch)
Class is free.
VE Testing, (5:00 PM to 7:30 PM) and costs $5
Please RSVP with Steve Early at [email protected] to ensure enough materials and seats.

Amateur Radio Get-On-The-Air seminars
Saturday, March 12th
Noon to 3:30 PM (after PARC sponsored ARRL-VEC session)
Class is free.

---------

Future Classes and class announcements:
If these classes do not meet your schedule needs, please check (occasionally) at http://web.me. com/sandiegohamclasses

I drove to banning for my test.

If you are looking to study at home hamtestonline.com is a very good site and well worth the money. I used the site for 6 hours and passed the test with only one question missed.

I drove to banning for my test.

If you are looking to study at home hamtestonline.com is a very good site and well worth the money. I used the site for 6 hours and passed the test with only one question missed.

Thanks for that one Max. Ill keep my eyes peeled for more info.

I wish, the price of gas does not agree with road trips :p

If you're just interested in tech just take the practice tests at qrz.com man, do it until you can pass them all cold and then schedule the test, they're pretty easy.

Max - Go general if you have any intention of running HF to hit long distance. No real reason to do so for Jeepin'. Rainer in Austria bugs me to get my general so I can go HF to talk to him, I keep telling him I'll do it if he buys the radio. :D

If you're just interested in tech just take the practice tests at qrz.com man, do it until you can pass them all cold and then schedule the test, they're pretty easy.

Max - Go general if you have any intention of running HF to hit long distance. No real reason to do so for Jeepin'. Rainer in Austria bugs me to get my general so I can go HF to talk to him, I keep telling him I'll do it if he buys the radio. :D

I gotta pay off my current radios still!

Thanks for that one Max. Ill keep my eyes peeled for more info.

Julio.

I got mine thru Norm Goodkin. Class/Exam is at the LASD Lost Hills station in Agoura (101/Lost Hills). I know at least a half dozen others that have tested thru him in the last year.

http://goodkin.net/hamclass/

Next session is April 10th. It is a "HamCram", and they recomend that you use their study materials. QRZ and HamTestOnline are good to see where you are knowledge wise but not for studying. They expose you to the wrong answers, which is counter productive to the purpose of the hamcram.

The fee includes a catered lunch... Usually Sharky's.

k.

I'll be taking my general this Saturday morning :)

Kent
KC2WQY

Good luck. Take the Extra too, it's a bit more on the theory side, plus it gives you access to narrow slivers of bands that you have to know morse code to use. :)

Is your class going to be on the same day of the testing?

I usually teach Tuesday, Thursday, then the test is on Sat. You can spend about 6 hours on the online practice tests and then just go take the real test. As long as you are in the 95% range online you should be OK.
I crammed for the General exam for about 45 min so I could take it the same time my students were testing. I passed (barely). Ha. Got 50% on the Extra too going in blind.

Last edited:
Back