• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RCV's whose got em

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Be droppin coin on a set this month. Who has best prices/availability?

Those who run em. How ya likin it?

Best deal and service when I ordered was direct from RCV, no middle man.
I've liked them so far. A little hard to grease up (D60 version), but once you get the trick down it isn't bad.

Got mine through a vendor who had just started selling them, so they had an into sale.

Look at the vendors on this site, robertk is selling them for a badass price.

Mine work great so far. No issues. The D30 RCV's are easy to grease, the fitting is on the very end of the shaft where the axle nut is.

I got mine from RCV but when I had an issue with them I talked directly with Bobby Longfield. I have(I think!) the first set ever made in production. and they had to make them over because Bobby's machinist cut the wrong spline pitch on the outers. Bobby was embarrassed but made good on them quickly. I love them and besides the Advance Adapters SYE they are second best purchase I have made.

The D30 RCV's are easy to grease, the fitting is on the very end of the shaft where the axle nut is.

They must have changed them because the grease fittings on mine are under the cv boot, you have to turn the wheels to one side or the other to grease them but its easy to get to.

Is this for a 30? If so, why not just bump up to a 44? Dont want to bust up your R&P.

Cuz I don't have the time or resources to build a 44. Or a rear axle to match it as well. Plus new wheels. And might as well go 17's and bigger tires too. Then why not just go tons.........

On and on. I've hardly had an axle issue on 35's with a locked 30. But I want to run harder stuff so beefing it up.

I was just curious. I thought you already had a 44 from your previous project, but you probably sold it.

I've heard great things about he RCV's. I went on a trail run with a guy who said that it was the best money he's spent on his rig.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but do you have a full case locker?

I had my carrier bend and the gearset let go before I hurt a shaft, though that was with a lockright.

What's your setup?

It's a lunchbox up front.

Again. I wheel with little throttle as possible. Almost no wheel spin. And I've wheeled full seasons without breaking a single stock shaft on just about same exact setup.
I understand I am moving the weak point from the shafts to somewhere else. I get it.

But I'm still putting the shafts in.

They must have changed them because the grease fittings on mine are under the cv boot, you have to turn the wheels to one side or the other to grease them but its easy to get to.

Yeah, I believe they did make a few changes after you got your set. RCV had to send me a set of modified boots as well because they had slightly changed the design of those too. The boots I originally received made heavy contact with the bolts when turning, but the new ones were cut to give a little more clearance. Suuuuuch a tight fit in there.

Yeah, I believe they did make a few changes after you got your set. RCV had to send me a set of modified boots as well because they had slightly changed the design of those too. The boots I originally received made heavy contact with the bolts when turning, but the new ones were cut to give a little more clearance. Suuuuuch a tight fit in there.

Yes its a tight fit but my boots only rub slightly. I'll look into the new boots, mine will need replacing before long.

I had my carrier bend and the gearset let go before I hurt a shaft, though that was with a lockright.

What's your setup?

I agree, I just switched to a full case Detroit from an Aussie for more carrier strength. I also have a 2x4x3/16 boxed truss and RS cover to make it all rigid.

Its not necessary but every little bit helps.

And with an Aussie and 3.55's, I went through 4 spicer 760's and 6 stock shafts. Not even being remotely hard on it, in hindsight. :D

YMMV.

or popcorn

And with an Aussie and 3.55's, I went through 4 spicer 760's and 6 stock shafts. Not even being remotely hard on it, in hindsight. :D

YMMV.
on 33s right? What tread pattern/tire?

Back