• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cracked header replacement

diesel-xj

NAXJA Forum User
hi all, real quick, do you have to pull the injectors to get the intake manifold of,f to replace a cracked exhaust manifold? i have the exh manifold loose, and the intake is not wanting to let go, it is loose, but will not come away from the head. I have the PS pump belt off, the 11 exh/intake bots off.
thanks

thanks xj runner.. so far like I said, I have pulled 11 intake /exh manifold bolts , and the PS belt. I guess there are some dowls on the intake. I still have not gotten it loopse. by the way this is a '98 xj with the 4.0l 6 cyl. so XJ runner any other suggestions. also like I said the exh is totally loose. Does anyone know how many bolts are on the intake. I got 9 bolts, and the 2 nuts so far
again thanks for your help

ok got it thanks. i feel kind of silly. it was the 3 PS pump bracket bolts holding me up. I guess I was trying to do too many things at once , with dinner and the missus and all, and I just missed them. yall have a good night
thanks again

Back