• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

left wheel vibration.. death wobble? wtf

pd code 805d

NAXJA Forum User
my whole axle doesnt vibrate just the front left...

mostly going around turns faster than 30mph or when i hit a bump.

The worst is going 50-60 mph and clears up about 70mph...

any ideas?

i have a used liftkit and a axle from a 1993 ( i have a 1997)

i have a 4 inch lift with trac bar and used rough country shocks.

i have replaced:

steering stabilizer with a moog
tightened everything
done allignment

I am thinking:

wheel bearing
Bad shock? Would you get this kinda of wobble from a bad shock?

Tire condition? I have one that is a little out of round and when it was on the front, it would get the DW going.

Tire condition? I have one that is a little out of round and when it was on the front, it would get the DW going.

This happened to me with a set of BFG A/Ts I replaced/upgraded everything possible to try and get rid of DW then I finally got new tires and it has never done it since in 4 years where before it used to do it all the time.

Rotating the left side tires will help determine if it's a tire problem.

Severely worn tie rod end(s) could also cause this, especially if coupled with incorrect toe settings after lifting the jeep. I know you said it was aligned, but I've had alignment techs do a crappy job in the past.

Ball joints, raise the left side, grab the top and bottom of the tire and try to push in and out. May need a helper to do that for you so you can determine if it's wheel bearing movement or ball joints. Ball joints can also be checked by using a pry bar to try to cause movement when the wheel is lifted.

Bearing would be extremely bad to cause wobble, look at it from the front on level ground about 15 feet away, is the tire leaning in at the top?

Incorrect caster in some cases combined with other worn parts could cause a wobble as well.

I had the same problem years ago. It ended up being worn out ujoints in the knuckles. I'd bet thats what it is.

Happened to me also. Tires going bad. I had them rotated and then nothing for a long time. It finally started back up again so I went out bought better tires and a new steering stabilizer(original since 99) and that took care of that. It happened on all the tires I bought at Sam's club.
It has never happened before I bought tires there and it hasn't happened since I quit buying tires there.

Back