• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need brake lines

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I pick up a set of brake lines?I was thinking of going with Crown.I know I can order them but I wanted to find a shop that had them in stock.(for a 6" lift).I am planning on calling T and J or Mc Kenzies Offroad tomorrow.

go get some 91 chevy 1500 2wd front brakelines and a yj or dakota rear brakeline and call it good

you could buy those at any parts store over the counter

Oh ok.I dont HAVE to have them now.I might just order them tomorrow from Quadratec.I know I can go to there shop and buy them buy but there closed on the weekends and it's the same price to order them.I do need to get an allignment in the morning since I just put the lift on last weekend.

any chevy 1500 2wd front lines from 91-98/99 should work just fine, and they're only 15$ each at NAPA ;)

Heading out to NAPA, do I need some type of an adapter to get them to fit?And do the chevy lines fit the back too or do they have to be off a yj or Dakota?

yj or dakota for the back, i believe the dakota is a little bit longer. no adapter needed hang on ill get you a part number

Left front #38620
Right front # 38621

99 chevy 1500 2wd. Same ends as the XJ and 21" long. Ignore the metal bracket on the hose. you can leave it on there or try to pry it or cut it off if it bothers you.

:cheers:

I am using the chevy1500 front/dakota rear setup, no issues thus far. I opted to remove the bracket from the fronts, just did a relief cut with a cutoff wheel and bent them open and removed.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) want to use stainless braided, give Dave at SWEET PERFORMANCE a call. he makes it all in house and to whatever lengths you desire. his lines and AN fittings are super nice, and he is way less than most. and yes he makes DOT brake lines. i just brought him my stock lines and said make them 6 inches longer. of course being a good friend i got them even cheaper, but he does have great prices. its worth the call.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) want to use stainless braided, give Dave at SWEET PERFORMANCE a call. he makes it all in house and to whatever lengths you desire. his lines and AN fittings are super nice, and he is way less than most. and yes he makes DOT brake lines. i just brought him my stock lines and said make them 6 inches longer. of course being a good friend i got them even cheaper, but he does have great prices. its worth the call.

Do you have any contact info on Dave? Anyone named Dave has got to be good! I need to get a set for my Heep, 4.5" lift, no rush - need before April.

David Bricker / SYR

sweet performance products inc.
461 Industrial way
Placentia, Ca. 92870
(714) 223-9322

his stuff works great and lasts a long time, even with constant use (removing and re-installing). i did all my lines for one of my jet boats with his stuff and it holds up great. plus it was way less than any other stainless/AN company i used in the past. luckily i met dave through a boating club and found out about his stuff before i started that build. saved me ALOT of $.

Back