• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sapphire/Cucamonga Big tree trail

PS, link says its only the eastern end thats open, and was opened in 2008, did I miss something?

PS, link says its only the eastern end thats open, and was opened in 2008, did I miss something?

it says as of october 1st 2010 it is open (scenic drive). maybe ill have to take a drive and see if its open

Okay, got it, the other link. Let me know when you're gonna go, i'll check it out with you if I can. I have most weeknights and Sundays available, Saturdays after 3ish also.

Okay, got it, the other link. Let me know when you're gonna go, i'll check it out with you if I can. I have most weeknights and Sundays available, Saturdays after 3ish also.

coo lets sets this up, next weekend on sunday? im interested to see how much of it is open

Sounds good.

30's open open was always enough in the past, hard to say after years of closure.

I ran that trail 5-6 years back in my stock FJ80 loaded down with camping gear and 5 adults and found it easy, but a LOT can change in 6 years.

coo lets sets this up, next weekend on sunday? im interested to see how much of it is open

What time are you guys thinking of heading over there next Sunday? I am interested in tagging along! :eek:wl:

we have to figure out how to get in. the main entrance is off the 210 fwy and carnelian st. you have to drive through a neighborhold culdesac to start the trail. rumor has it the neighbors would lock or block the trail entrance to keep the heavy traffic off their street

You can not go from Carnelian over to Lytle Creek. The only way in is fom Sierra Avenue. It is now an out and back road.

you guys wanna run the xtrail or maybe go to calico?

Back