• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lytle Creek tomorrow? 1/16/11

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Tried calling the Ranger Station and they were pretty evasive with their answers......anybody know if it is open back to Coldwater Canyon or further? Going to give it a try in the am (9am at the Mc Donalds off of Sierra) if anybody feels like going. If, it in fact, is closed, we'll probably hit Cleghorn......gotta get out of the house! Anyway, look for a green, topless early Bronco, brown '84 Bronco and a black Tacoma.......hope it's open back there!--------Hans

so was it Cleghorn or Lytle Creek? Any pics?
Lytle Creek was closed so we headed over to Cleg. There were a few pics taken,hopefully Hans will post them up.
Frans was rock'in his fullsize Bronco and had a great time. You should bring yours out sometime .:cheers:

So how do you think the trail difficulty would be for a Nissan Fronteir ( open open) a Landrover Disco II and a FJ? I got a couple of Scale4x4 buddies who want to wheel with me. I thought of Cleg cause its close and its good for a day trip.

So how do you think the trail difficulty would be for a Nissan Fronteir ( open open) a Landrover Disco II and a FJ? I got a couple of Scale4x4 buddies who want to wheel with me. I thought of Cleg cause its close and its good for a day trip.
I think they would be fine. We stayed off of the closed sections and and did'nt run into anything too crazy with the exception of a couple of ledges here and there.Those ledges were on a downhill so clearance was more important than lockers. Also,there was one of the open bypasses the was really muddy and rutted near pucker. We ended the run at pucker ,so I can't say what the rest of the trail looked like.
You know Cleg.If there's a section you do'nt want to do you can always take the fireroad.

I think they would be fine. We stayed off of the closed sections and and did'nt run into anything too crazy with the exception of a couple of ledges here and there.Those ledges were on a downhill so clearance was more important than lockers. Also,there was one of the open bypasses the was really muddy and rutted near pucker. We ended the run at pucker ,so I can't say what the rest of the trail looked like.
You know Cleg.If there's a section you do'nt want to do you can always take the fireroad.

Yeah, but for some reason i keep thinking the whole trail is the fire road :p
I remember the downhill parts with the drop offs. Hmm... I need to go up there to check it out. Only i wish gas wasnt alsmot 3.50 a gallon. :bawl:

Back