• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Guards

Mitchen

NAXJA Forum User
well got these things today. Had a friends dad bend them up for me at his shop. They are 1/8 steel. they mount to the rocker panel and the unibody frame rail deal.

I need to notch them with the plasma cutter because they hit the tranny cross member and the box the leaf pack mounts into. but i like how they turned out my buddy made some so i gave it a try. only cost me 40$ for the steel!

(couldnt get the pictures fullsize just click them)

Mitch.

I would highly recommend reinforcing those, otherwise they will bend on the first time they come down on a rock. And find a way to attach them to the unibody rails (not just on the bottom, run a mount from the side of the rail to the metal just under the rocker panel), otherwise they will just crush the rocker panel.

I like the idea though, they look nice.

I would highly recommend reinforcing those, otherwise they will bend on the first time they come down on a rock. And find a way to attach them to the unibody rails, otherwise they will just crush the rocker panel.

I like the idea though, they look nice.

bought this jeep from my buddy befor he built his rock guards he destroyed the rocker panels. but the set he had got dropped hard on rocks and stumps and never bent. i was considering reinforcing them but not sure yet.

also wondering if i should bolt them into the tranny crossmember bolts instead of notching it not sure if it will put to much stress on the crossmember/bolts

Back