• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anoying squeak

ruger81

NAXJA Forum User
so i have been hunting down this squeak for weeks and no luck i have searched and tryei everything now i ned help...
what ive done
1 greased ball joints uppers
2 white lithium greased all hiem joints
3 checked coil springs
4 checked all steering bolts
5 checked steeering box
6 pretty much lubed the whole front end
please help im gonna go nuts!!!

to describe it... its like nails on a chalk board the slower i go the slower it is the faster the faster it is... lift the front wheels off the ground its gone i could record it if someone wants

pretty much lubed the whole front end
please help im gonna go nuts!!!

to describe it... its like nails on a chalk board the slower i go the slower it is the faster the faster it is... lift the front wheels off the ground its gone i could record it if someone wants

Having greased everything in the front end, are you 100% sure its the front? Have you checked diff oil, hubs for play, brakes calipers (one might be hanging up) You mentioned "the slower you go the slower the sound and the faster you go the faster the sound" Which tells me its rotational.
Possible rear brake shoe out of adjustment and dragging? I would be checking things that go round and round. I'd also look at the rotor dust shields.

Having greased everything in the front end, are you 100% sure its the front? Have you checked diff oil, hubs for play, brakes calipers (one might be hanging up) You mentioned "the slower you go the slower the sound and the faster you go the faster the sound" Which tells me its rotational.
Possible rear brake shoe out of adjustment and dragging? I would be checking things that go round and round. I'd also look at the rotor dust shields.
what i ment is the faster i turn the wheel the faster squeak is.. and so

So is it a squeak that follows the suspension? Up and down movement? Have you checked your sway bar bushings? Can a buddy stand on the front bumper and rock the jeep and make it squeak while you lay under it?

it follows the steering. left and right. i have no sway bar.. today me and a buddy thought it was coming from the ball joints anyone else have this problem... there is no in and out slop in them

I had a dry seal on the TC front output that would squeal .Found by jacking one front wheel (drivers ) and slowly spinning it by hand,could only hear when going slow.

Mine did almost the same thing, when I turned and when I didnt. It ended up being the real ware pads on the leaf springs. I broke a spring, replaced them and the squeek went away.

Back