• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery strap

Masterpull's Super Yanker all the way. You wont regret it. Plus they are a NAXJA Sponser

procomp 3" 30,000lbs 30footer...
and just cause I like the looks and rating
ARB 20ft 40,000lbs

harbor freight 3 inch. I used to it yank my friends 2500 cummins out of mud to his doors out with my dads F350. didnt break or tear.

Smitty 3x30 and 2x20, plus D-rings. Need to get a tree-saver though.

Basically, if the thing is 20 bucks skip it. Get something nice.

I don't think that's true. You can buy stronger and fancier, but for general purpose offroad use I don't think there's anything wrong with this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-CC...4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1293565319&sr=1-14

Sure you can do better. You can spend $100 if you want to. But this one will get the typical job done. And there's a good reason to keep it cheap. These straps sometimes catch hell from sharp metal or sharp rocks or getting run over. It happens. Best not to have big bucks invested.

Log chain.

(and our Christmas gift from our son ... serious straps without D-Rings. He took the old straps when he left ... told us the D-Rings were too dangerous. Then he told us about a friend of his who had them. Shall we say injuries that will last a lifetime.)

4" X 30' 20,000lb Recovery strap made by Keeper I think
3" X 50' 10,000lb Tow strap
4" X 10' Tree Saver
50' winch extension rope

Most important thing is if you have a recovery strap only use it for recovery. If you use it for towing you will ruin the elasticity of the strap and basically turn it into a tow strap.

Log chain.

(and our Christmas gift from our son ... serious straps without D-Rings. He took the old straps when he left ... told us the D-Rings were too dangerous. Then he told us about a friend of his who had them. Shall we say injuries that will last a lifetime.)
This bears repeating. Even if you're using recovery straps, not only don't use a strap with metal hooks on the end, make darned sure that the attachment points are secure. An attachment that breaks off is just as dangerous as a d-ring on the end of a flying strap.

A buddy of mine was watching a mud run 20 years ago. The attachment point broke off the stuck vehicle, it flew forward, bent the tailgate on the fullsize Blazer into a v-shape, and parked between the driver and passenger seats. No injuries, amazingly enough, but that would have just barely slowed down for a body.

Back