• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front stiffeners and aftermarket bumper

Frédéric CM

NAXJA Forum User
How do you make your aftermarket bumper (like OR Fab) work with a front plating/stiffener (Brianho13's) ? Do you cut the stiffener where the bumper is bolted ?
And for a trackbar drop bracket, how do you get the two bolts on the bottom to align when using a stiffener ?

Thanks !

Go ahead and cut the stiffener.

Also, the cool thing to do over here is to stitch weld the panhard bracket to the frame, so go ahead and weld the bracket to the stiffener.

Thats what I would do. My bracket is welded, and when I do those, I'll just cut the steel up to fit next to it.

Will not the frame be weaken where the bumper mounts meet the frame stiffeners ?

At what lift is a dropped trackbar bracket and pitman arm needed ?
I'm wanting to run 33', but cant decide between 4.5" or 6.5" (clayton's longarms)... It's for moderate racing...

Weld the bumper to the frame like I did. Or rebuild the mounts on the bumper to fit over the plating.

When I ran stock/stock style steering on a 6" lift, I used the Rubicon Express extreme duty track bar and bracket, stock axle bracket, and stock pitman arm. No extra drop bracket and no drop pitman arm.

When I ordered the ProtoFab front bumper for the 97 I told them that I had a C-Rok steering brace installed. They offset the drivers side mount to accomodate the plate. Ask the Vendor if they will offset the mounts to account for the stiffeners. Given how many of us are using them, it should be an option when ordering...

I'd just weld everything. Stiffeners, trackbar and bumper. If it's easier to cut and relocate the bumper mounts then do that. If it's easier to notch a portion of the stiffener- then do that.

I'll echo the welding of the trackbar mount and brace as required.

In the end- weld the bumper to the frame somehow- whatever works for you.

Back