• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle choices

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I know there are a million axle threads out there and i'm sure if I read every one I would probably have a confirmation but lets be honest I'm to lazy to do that.

I'm currently at 6.5'' of lift and getting ready to throw 36'' iroks on it, I can sink all kinds of money into it and probably/maybe keep the turdy in the front but looking at other options, which brings me to my question.

Looking at the ruby 44 being lo-pinion, at what height does that become a problem?(driveline vibs) this does see the road and the occational interstate.

I know there are a million axle threads out there and i'm sure if I read every one I would probably have a confirmation but lets be honest I'm to lazy to do that.

I'm too lazy to answer your question.

2.5 ton rockwells front and rear, done

A 31 model A rear axle retubed with 60 outers and high steer and an ox e locker would be the best all around axle for 36s.

I pretty much suck.

the rubi lo-pinion 44 is really no stronger than a hp30.

mike
low pinion 44 is stronger then hp44, ive never seen a blown r&p on a lp44 but i need both hands to count how many blown hp30's ive seen in person, with that being said if ya can drop the lift to 5ish, then run alloys in the 44 and you wil be fine

low pinion 44 is stronger then hp44

In a rear end application, yes.

ive never seen a blown r&p on a lp44

I hadn't either till I broke mine...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Thanks robz95xh you seem to be the only one who read the post. And for those who posted the sticky link thanks for waisting my time. Never found anything that resembled an answer to my question.

You wanted to waste ours by not even trying to search, knowing that the answer was out there.

Don't keep your dana 30 for 36" tires. If you offroad even on 35"s you'd better carry spare shafts. Don't spend money polishing a turdy. (Of course for safekeeping my 36" Iroks are currently on my CJ-5's LP d30, but I don't really offroad it and these tires are moving to my XJ soon enough)

Rubicon fronts aren't all that amazing from what I've heard, I've read they basically have dana 30 outers too, and you don't get manual locking hubs with them either. Not much of an upgrade.

Interestingly enough, my XJ will soon be on 36" Iroks with 6.5" lift, it's mostly in pieces in the garage right now, hopefully done in a month. But I've been working on this forever, AND DONE A C**PLOAD OF RESEARCH, I'm using '77 F150 axles.

If you just got money laying around buy some of those $5k aftermarket axles and bolt them in.

And for future reference ANY axle swap will take a lot of research and work, quit being lazy.

And BTW the midwest chapter is a GREAT group of guys, it's worth getting to know them.

D*** too much Beam, never would normally have replied to such a useless thread

Last edited:
dana 80s front and rear

Thanks robz95xh you seem to be the only one who read the post. And for those who posted the sticky link thanks for waisting my time. Never found anything that resembled an answer to my question.

your guestion is, "im on 6.5" of lift and running 36s. what axles do i need.?" here, if you want someone to hold your hand:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1049340

i really think that if you have to ask this question, your really not knowledgable enough to undertake it yourself without a lot of frustration and determination. unless when you say, "i can throw all kinds of money at it," you mean, "im going to pay someone to do this for me."

!!!1

Back