• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changing fluid in a 5 speed..

mancheman21

NAXJA Forum User
so ive been searching and cant find a good thread on it.. ive never done it before obviously. i know i need a hand pump, but does anyone have pics of the bolts i need to take out to drain and fill?

I only have experience with the BA-10, I don't know if the AX's are the same. The fill plug is about halfway down the tranny on the passenger side.The drain plug is in the rear of the tranny. It's a reverse square drive, somwhere between 5/16" and 3/8".

I had to make the tool with a 3/8"extension, ground down a bit on each of 4 sides. Someone may know what the size is and where to buy the tool, but I made mine for the block drain plug.

Be sure to take the fill plug out first (you wan't to be sure you can get it out before you pull the drain plug). Then remove the drain.

After rigging a beer bong type funnel to fill my AX-15, I found someone on here saying there is an easier way. Apparently you can just pull the shifter and pour the fluid in that way. Still need to pull the fill plug though.

On my AX-15 it has brass plugs. Be sure to use a 6pt though, as the plugs are very soft!

hear is a little trick I made one of these yrs ago for my shop .Go to wallyworld or any hardwrer store and get a pump sprayer about 1/2 gal size the cheap ones with the spray hose on the side and the fill hole and pump on top .Take the hose off drill it out to 1/2 or 3/8in and get some clear hose about 3or 4 ft slide it in to the bottom use a rubber seal or silacone it and let it dry unscrwe the top fill with oil or what ever you are useing put the end of the hose in what ever you are filling and pump the sprayer the air pressur will force the oil out when your tran is full just unscrwe the top and relese the pressour works grate .

Back