• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My VDub Axial Crawler R/C Car

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
So I spent today trimming, shaving, sanding and painting the VDub body for my AX10 rock crawler R/C car. I decided to go jet black with no stripes or decals because I like things to be simple. I think I hit a home-run too, because I love how it looks. 100% better than I figured I would be able to do haha. Anyhow, here's a few pics on the workbench right after I got it back together.

100_2449.jpg

100_2446.jpg

100_2442.jpg

100_2436.jpg

100_2435.jpg

One "before" pic of the stock body, although it looked WAY worse when I first got the thing. I shaved the wheel wells and fenders out because they looked ridiculous to me haha.

100_2422.jpg

speaking of beer, sandpaper wrapped around a full beer can makes for nice smooth sanded edges ;) I used to do it when trimming bodies on my rc10 as a kid.... with soda cans though :eyes:

ok now yank those bead lock rings and soak them in ez off oven cleaner and de anodize them!

Maybe the Dremel tool might heat up the plastic if you aren't careful, melting the edges or perhaps warping the body or fading the clear on it? Not sure, I'd use a Dremel as well.

Yea they said the body may melt, but I used a cutoff wheel meant for steel. The Lexan was no match. :D

I had considered doing the EZ-OFF bit, but with the black body I actually like the green. Prolly keep it now.

nice! I want to get a Slash 4x4 short course truck cuz those suckers can scoot. RC hobby has taken a lower priority. :(

best bang for the buck.... we put a chunk of explosives on a full nitro car and timed it perfect to hit a huge freestyle jump same time it blew up. was great. ive had prolly 10 to 12 nitro cars and never had much issues with the tuning and what not. i ran full race engines though. nothing like a novarossi as long as i ran 30% when go any lower it was a little more work. miss my last one a Losi 8T with a NovaRossi RX21P5X

Back