• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm to radius long arm

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 87 with 6.5 inch lift. Tera flex long arm kit that uses lower long arms and short uppers arm in the stock location.i going to turn the system into a true radius arm.turns out talking to Tera flex they highly recommend this modification with this amout of lift to prevent front u joint bind. what im asking what material should i use to make the mounting brackets on the lower control arms 3/16 plate or 1/4 inch plate.

1/4, always over build imo.

My tera kit is converted to radius. Works great.

i have an 87 with 6.5 inch lift. Tera flex long arm kit that uses lower long arms and short uppers arm in the stock location.i going to turn the system into a true radius arm.turns out talking to Tera flex they highly recommend this modification with this amout of lift to prevent front u joint bind. what im asking what material should i use to make the mounting brackets on the lower control arms 3/16 plate or 1/4 inch plate.

yea i never understood the teraflex long arm kit either that keeps the stock uppers in the stock position!

I have done the conversion off of some old Rock krawler arms... 1/4 tabs that are boxed in with more 1/4 plate with upper adjustables... for the Y link

I dont think the Tera lowers are strong enough to attach upper arms to them.

Have you ever seen the lowers? They're fricken huge.

Knock on metal, mine have been holding up well. Heading out again today to the trail.

I dont think the Tera lowers are strong enough to attach upper arms to them.

the Tera arms are plenty strong enough to add the tap for the uppers. i talked to Tera flex. they even offered to do the conversion if i wanted to send my arms to them. it will be more cost effective to do them here at one of my friends shops.oh very little down time. i'm in ca. there in Utah.

i have been thinking about this for awhile now(past 4 1/2 years) i have teraflex modular upper arms as well as the lowwer long arms.any pics of a completed setup? what is the best distance from axle side mounting hole to new location of the mount hole for the upppers to lowers connection? i have a 5"lift with teraflex longarms with bushings on both sides(not sure if it made a difference.)

No measurement numbers handy, can probably get the Friday for ya if you want.

Mine is holding up quite well, from rock crawling to 45 MPH + through sand arroyo's.

A couple pics:
betterangle.jpg

Teralongarm.jpg

myXJSlim-FastZoomed.jpg

after reading this thread i went to ballistics fabrication and ordered 2 pairs of 1/4 inch thick tabs and the 1/8" skull logos because they were on sale and it would help box in the brackets and give a cool detail. i had to make some spacers/reducers for the 9/16 hole to 7/16 hole for the upper arm to lower mount. and bend the link tabs to get them to sit on the lower arms.i also have the teraflex upper modular arms. here are the pics and i can post my materials if needed.
0210010747.jpg

0210010748.jpg

spacers/reducers
0210011014.jpg

0210011038.jpg

reducers welded in
0210011058.jpg

radius arms completed
driver side
0210011548.jpg

passenger side
0210011548a.jpg

thank you to all for the help and pics.
i just finished today after work and have not been able to test the flex(i'm sure it will be awsome),but i will say that i feel the ride is even better now with this setup.

Last edited:
Back