• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV PCV line replacement.

Orangehat44

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I was out futsin around with the crank case ventilation lines I was trying to get the elbow out of the top of the block, from what I understood from my hanes manual that its just a pressed in rubber gromit. I was trying to Pry and pull and managed to snap the elbow in half which i understand is the PCV elbow. I want to replace all the lines but was trying to get some help on getting those rubber/plastic fittings out of the block. I just taped the crap out of that broken elbow to get me home and being thanksgiving the autozone by me isint open, so I'll be going to get that elbow tommoroow to replace it so any tips on how to get it out of the block and how to replace it.

Thanks guys and happy thanks giving.

Your autozone most likely will not have the elbow.

I want to replace all the lines but was trying to get some help on getting those rubber/plastic fittings out of the block. I just taped the crap out of that broken elbow to get me home and being thanksgiving the autozone by me isint open, so I'll be going to get that elbow tommoroow to replace it so any tips on how to get it out of the block and how to replace it.

I went through this a couple of weeks ago as part of a valve cover gasket replacement. Basically, the grommets had more or less vulcanised themselves solid, and the elbows were so brittle that they crumbled under near-zero pressure.

What I ended up doing was cutting the elbows level with the tops of the grommets with a Dremel, then (again with the Dremel) cutting the grommets and remaining elbow plastic down until I was able to get it all out. There's just no really good way of doing it.

Glenn B said:
Your autozone most likely will not have the elbow.

Nor will Advance or NAPA. Don't know about the other parts chains since we only have those three in my area, but it was quicker to get the parts from the dealer (3-5 day order at the others) and only ran about a buck more. By the way, you'll want to replace the grommets as well as the elbows.

year and engine would help--

if it's an H.O. it's kept in stock at Advance:

Dorman - OE Solutions PCV Valve Elbow

Part No. 47057

Warranty: 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE

Hose to Valve Cover; w/Orifice
Check store
availability

Ship to Home

$5.29

ps_add_to_cart_btn.jpg

QTY

on my 92 they turn cc and just come out .i have taken mine out many times on a 94 they may be diffance I dont think so autozone should have them so dose Orelliys I replaced both of mine when I first got the jeep they were less than 10.00 ea .The pvc need to be cleaned about once a yr or when you do a tune up for sure.

done some checking the 94 pushes in and the 92 twist in so the one list in the poat is right you will more than likley need the garment that gose in the valve cover as well.

Thanks for all the replies, that dorman one listed is the same one ive seen at other websites for my make and model so I assume its correct, I just noticed that at autozone website it was listed as special order and there was no option to check for instore pickup. I'll try advanced otherwise i'll just order em. Rock auto has the same ones and part numbers for 2.50 for the pcv elbow and about the same price for the gromit.

Back