• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy MJ Shackles?

TwistedFocus

NAXJA Forum User
I may finally get around to installing the medium-duty leafs I got from Quadratec over a year ago, but I think I want to go ahead and add MJ shackles while I'm at it. I'm not sure how it's going to sit with these springs, so an extra 1/2" or so might be in order.

Anyway, the issue is that I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the shackles. I found a few places selling the Crown #52000507 which I think is the Commanche shackle, but I can't seem to verify that either... not to mention that I hate to spend $50+ on these when I can get nice dog-leg ones from JKS for <$100 (though I don;t think I'll need an inch). So, what am I missing? Does anyone know a good place to look (besides junkyards) or have some laying around they'd sell?

i didnt save the info, but i read on here or jeepforum that chevy shackles will work for about 3/4 or 1 inch of lift.
i think it was 90s trucks and SUVs(like suburbans)

Those seem like a decent deal but I fear that 1.5" might be a little much.

I don't want it to be way higher in the rear. I guess I really should just install the springs with the stock shackles and give them a couple of weeks to see how they sit and then lift from there as needed. I still haven't seen any of the medium duty springs installed so I may be the first one (though it's coming up on 2 years since I purchased them).

You could always add a couple of 6" pieces of 1/4" or 3/8" spring stock to the existing packs before installing them.

Incorporated into the packs by the center pins they won't kick out... you'll need center pins and possibly slightly longer u-bolts.

Back