• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie vs. Dynatrac

Bleckers3

NAXJA Forum User
After searching, I am just going to post the question...

Has anyone run the Currie 9in rear in their XJ.

Would anyone recoment a High Pinion D44 for the front with stock linkage?

I have a 1998 Stock at the moment. 4.0 AW4..

I won't be driving for a while so I figure it's time to build a toy instead of a DD.

I realize they are expensive, but for a one stop shop of a stout axle with gears and locker options installed...it seems pretty nice.

Anyone use the new Trail44 that duratrac has on web?

Thanks!

I guess the best way for me to explain intended use is...

I have a lot of spare time, and over that time, probably some spare cash.

I want a overly capable rig that I don't need to constantly replace parts on due to breakage. Although 70% of the time it may only be used as an over capable adventure vehicle, I wouldn't want to rule out agressive trails and occasional speed.

my target is 33 or 35's with a lower lift 4.5 long arm isht..

I saw that you run jeepspeed...so I assume that is your special use..

I guess the best way for me to explain intended use is...

I have a lot of spare time, and over that time, probably some spare cash.

I want a overly capable rig that I don't need to constantly replace parts on due to breakage. Although 70% of the time it may only be used as an over capable adventure vehicle, I wouldn't want to rule out agressive trails and occasional speed.

my target is 33 or 35's with a lower lift 4.5 long arm isht..

I saw that you run jeepspeed...so I assume that is your special use..

Can't imagine anyone needing those axles for an "over capable adventure vehicle" with 33-35" tires. Save your money, you will unlikely break the D30 and 8.25 doing what you want to do.

Can't imagine anyone needing those axles for an "over capable adventure vehicle" with 33-35" tires. Save your money, you will unlikely break the D30 and 8.25 doing what you want to do.

x2

yeah the 97-99's have a strong stock axles. What kind of lift do you want to put on it?

As for a lift. I have all the parts for the RE 3.5 with rear leaves.

However since this won't have to be a daily driver anymore I have this idea to grab BDS 4.5 coils and BDS leaves and order the clayton long arms.

My goal would be to put an Eaton E locker in the front, and a aussie/powertrax/detroit in the rear. 4.56 gears. Possibly new axles. Oh and liberty rear brakes.

if it's in the budget, go ahead and pickup a built axle or two, stimulate the economy and such. like you said, theyre nice, complete, and brand new. i wish i could afford one though, everything adds up quickly.

i hate my rear aussie, if a detroit is in the budget too, get one of those instead... full case locker and all.

there also a couple other differant disc brake swaps, i would guess liberty parts are probably the hardest to find cheaply... you just cant beat the numbers of a good cv or explorer disc swap.

Back