• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will i clear 33's with.....

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to pick up a set of 33x10.5's for 50 bucks and im curious if i can clear them with 4.5" of lift using stock wheels? right now im running 31x12.5 boggers on tj wheels but i would like to keep them on those wheels for wheeling. I plan on using the 33's for the heavy snow and ice we are supposed to get this winter. My main concern is clearance at full lock.

Anyways,

Much thanks guys

I have 33 12.5's with stock wheels and 1.25 spacers and I rub some. Of course your tires will be 2 inches skinnier than mine but that basically will cancel out my spacers, bottom line is you probably will rub but you should be able to live with it for
$50

i have 33x12.50.15is and i rub in the rear even with front and rears totally cut on 10" wheels with front and rear sway bar connected. with both off i clear all but you will rub with stock fenders uncut

Sawzall and bumpstops, you'll clear whatever you want to.

Your tires will probably rub on the LCAs a bit but who really cares about that?

Watch the back too. I had a buddy running 32s on some nice stock aluminum rims on a jeep with 3 inches of lift. It felt like it all of a sudden lost a whole lot of power once he swapped the tires, he figured tire size made the difference. Nope, his rear sway bar ate half way through the sidewall of his rear tires.

Nearly happened to me with a set of stock steelies, no rear sway, and bfg mt 32x11.5 or 12.5s, I forget. The leaf spring clamps were 1/8" from the sidewalls. Plan on rims with less backspacing if you go over about a 10.50 width tire.

If I read what you're saying correctly you're planning on keeping the boggers on the TJ wheels for wheeling and the 33's will only be for street use in the snow. If that's the case then they should be fine, I had a 4.5" lift with rear swaybar removed. The rear had about an 1-1.5" space between the tire and leaves or inside of wheel well. The fronts would only make contact with the lower control arms at full lock but could turn the wheels pretty far before then. This was running 34x10.50x15 LTB's on 8" wheels and the only part of them that made contact was the shoulder lugs.

I would sure hope so.... I clear 35's with 4.5"....granted took a little trimming!
66951_10150300767615192_695235191_15628784_853145_n.jpg

My brother had them on 3" of lift and stock wheels. Flexed out pretty nice. He trimmed some, but nothing excessive. On 4.5" you probably would 'have' to at all. Definitely do-able.

I've run 3312.50's on my jeep with 4.5inch lift and it clear them fin however if you think your going to be able to tuck those well... time for some trimming!

I have trimmed enough to stuff my 31x12.5's hard plus im getting some wheels with 3.75 backspacing so from my experience i think i would be fine.

use some hockey pucks up frt as bumpstops if ya have severe contact

Notice the dent or curling up in the middle of the front fender. Im running a 4.5 and 33s and some cutting. But that only happens with a lot of articulation. As for turning, at full lock Ive never rubbed at all.

68463_1461302341136_1490774785_31097197_2045489_n.jpg

Back