• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORO XJ SwayLock First look

Jerry_h

NAXJA Forum User
I've got some pics of ORO's first install of the Dual Rate SawyLock for the XJ. I generally don't post pics online so I don't have a host I can use. So if anyone is interested, shoot me your email and I can send them to you. I've been running a prototype for a couple of years and my mounting brackets were integrated into my front bumper mounts. The newest version can be mounted independant of bumpers and such, it uses the factory front swaybar holes plus one more. This is a manual version, just flip the lever to connect and disconnect the sway bar. Since I have AiRock on my XJ I just hit the button on the dash to disconnect mine.

Jerry H.
95 XJ
33's, locked, AiRocked

I've got some pics of ORO's first install of the Dual Rate SawyLock for the XJ. I generally don't post pics online so I don't have a host I can use. So if anyone is interested, shoot me your email and I can send them to you. I've been running a prototype for a couple of years and my mounting brackets were integrated into my front bumper mounts. The newest version can be mounted independant of bumpers and such, it uses the factory front swaybar holes plus one more. This is a manual version, just flip the lever to connect and disconnect the sway bar. Since I have AiRock on my XJ I just hit the button on the dash to disconnect mine.

Jerry H.
95 XJ
33's, locked, AiRocked
Can't you simply sign up for an Image Shack account so you can post pics? Takes minutes & your pics will be seen by so many others, rather than just the few who will bother to PM you. Or maybe you don't really want to show the pics? I'm interested, but going thru all that seems tedious & unnecessary to me when hosting accounts are free.

Ok, I signed up for photobucket.

DSCF0957.jpg

I did ask that someone those receiving these share with everyone on the forum.

Last edited:
Hey I'm interested in this. Can you possibly show some pics with it disconnected to give me a better idea of how it works? Thanks.

The last two pics 4 of 5 and 5 of 5 show a lever with a spring attached, 4 of 5 is connected, next is disconnected. The lever and spring moves a slide that connects the swaybars together. This is a dual rate setup, offroad you still get a little sway control and onroad connected is better than stock. I'll try and lay the parts out on a table and take pics so you can see how it works, the black paint hides a lot of the detail.
Haven't heard a price yet, but comparing it to Antirock is like comparing apples to oranges.

Were does the "dual rate" come from,is there an "inner" bar?

Were does the "dual rate" come from,is there an "inner" bar?

Yes, there is an inner bar. The inner bar by itself gives you some sway resistance off road, but not enough to limit suspension flex, similar to the antirock. When the inner bar and outer torque tube are connected you have more roll resistance for good on road handling.

ORO has the XJ SwayLock up non its web site now.

http//www.offroadonly.com/store

Back