• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corbeau Seats opinions needed

duke183

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj sport 4x4 and am currently riding on 2000 wj beat up seats in the front. I am looking to replace these with something that is going to give my back better support since the seats currently are uncomfortable for daily driving as I am looking to keep the jeep a long time. I am looking at corbeau seats and am willing to spend the money to get something that will work well and look nice.

The big ones that keep coming up in my searches are the A4s, the Moabs, and the Baja ss or ultras (since I have a 36" waist). Please provide me any opinions on these that you have from experience. Also, I need to run the regular seat belt set up as I am not set up for a harness system. Thanks!

I have the Corbeau TRS seats and I love them. I can wheel all day and not have a numb back or butt, and I stay planted in the seats which makes wheeling more enjoyable.

I currently have them set up for 4 points, but I assume they will work just fine with a stock 3 point.

I have a 32'' waist and fit perfect in the seats, my dad was a 38'' waist and was a bit snug but not to the point of being uncomfortable.

Back
004-7.jpg

Old picture of the side
P1010239.jpg

Clearance with the center console
P1010248.jpg

I would advise you sit in as many seats as you can before you buy any. Seats that fit one person dont fit others as well, and in the end, its what fits you the best.

There is only one corbeau dealer in MD and they are a volkswagen tuner shop, so I dont expect them to have any moabs or baja ss for me to try out. This is a pain in the neck...er..back. Thanks Starboard M, any other suggestions or comments out there on these seats or any other seats? Thanks!

I ran some A4's in the Mustang GT I used to have.

Loved them. All day comfortable, supportive, looked fantastic. Also loved the Corbeau brackets which made them so easy to swap in.

love my baja ss seats. But I already told you that :D

Awesome guys, I am definitely thinking that the SSs are the ones. Suspension seat seem to be the right idea for the back comfort. Thanks again!

i had a baja ss in my tj and it blew some donkey balls... i hated it... in the xj i'm running the fixed high back empi race trim seats... it has adjustable lumbar support and are super comfy...

the other seats that i liked and were comfy were mastercraft... i don't remember the trim model...

oh and i'm a fat ass with a 38" waist as well... and it's nice and snug, but not too tight...

this is the guy i bought my racetrim seats from... pretty cheap, comfortable, and shipped quick...

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775557&highlight=empi+racetrim+seats

I have the Baja SS's in my daily driver XJ and while they are decently comfortable (I have lower back issues) they are pretty short on me at 6'3". They only come up to the base of my neck, so if I were to get rear ended it would be bad news. I wish I could get the Ultra's that are taller but that wouldn't happen without removing the console. Instead I am trying to incorporate some separate head rest pads like the Rhino UTV's have mounted to the cage.

We are a Corbeau dealer and sell a lot of seats... We just recently put a set of Moabs in my Daily XJ. They fit very well and have plenty of room.

if you do go with the corbeau baja ss i hope you have enough room to jump over the side bolster and not touch it... i had to resew mine back in within a year of having it... it just ripped off... but then again i'm only 5'9 getting into a lifted tj

I went with the Baja JPS. Taller then the SS's with a much lower side bolster and I also sprung for the inflatable lumbar support on my side. Should be here next week. Can't wait to put em in.

if you do go with the corbeau baja ss i hope you have enough room to jump over the side bolster and not touch it... i had to resew mine back in within a year of having it... it just ripped off... but then again i'm only 5'9 getting into a lifted tj

This seems to be a common problem putting racing seats into our XJ's. In a race truck or trailer queen the seat holds up well but in a lifted daily driver that side bolster that is placed toward the front just gets too much wear.

I went through the drivers side Corbeau Sport seat in about a year. That front bolster wore through the fabric, then the foam, and then the whole metal wire armature broke off.

I now have a set of Mastercraft Baja RS seats waiting for the rest of my interior mods to be completed before they are installed. I like the way they only have hip bolsters and very little up front. There is not enough room between the door and the console for me to worry about my legs floppping around and I really like to be able to shift my knees around during long drives.

I just have not been two impressed with the Corbeau quality compared to Mastercraft but you have to pay for the difference.

My 2 cents

FNF

those were the seats i wanted to get... i sat in them at a jeepfest and the were super comfy... but i didn't have the cash drop on the mastercraft...

Corbeau brought a few seats to Quadratec when I worked there for the sales guys to play with, I sat on a Moab, Baja RS and the LG1. All were great seats, but the Baja RS just seemed to wrap around and hold me in place. I never saw any warranty claims for them while I worked there.

I ran some A4's in the Mustang GT I used to have.

Loved them. All day comfortable, supportive, looked fantastic. Also loved the Corbeau brackets which made them so easy to swap in.

Ditto this entire statement. Loved those seats.

I'm looking at getting the Baja JP's when I can afford em.

Has anyone installed the Moabs or the Baja RS in their XJ? I'm looking at getting one of these seats as replacements, but wanted some feedback. I'm worried that the Corbeau brackets will make the seat sit a lot higher than stock.

This seems to be a common problem putting racing seats into our XJ's. In a race truck or trailer queen the seat holds up well but in a lifted daily driver that side bolster that is placed toward the front just gets too much wear.

I went through the drivers side Corbeau Sport seat in about a year. That front bolster wore through the fabric, then the foam, and then the whole metal wire armature broke off.

I now have a set of Mastercraft Baja RS seats waiting for the rest of my interior mods to be completed before they are installed. I like the way they only have hip bolsters and very little up front. There is not enough room between the door and the console for me to worry about my legs floppping around and I really like to be able to shift my knees around during long drives.

I just have not been two impressed with the Corbeau quality compared to Mastercraft but you have to pay for the difference.

My 2 cents

FNF

This is a good point. Mine are getting destroyed too. Seems like it was less than a year.

I didn't think about getting a seat without the hip bolster. Hmm..

Back